• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Guess I don't have to ask today!

Hopefully for you guys without "G&S" as undefined, you NOW have it! Very anxious to read about the first lucky MD resident to obtain their permit without the historic dog an pony show we've been dealing with. :D

Vw2Gn6a.jpg

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    I would like to apply again without G&S to see what happens. My fear is that if i wait until everything gets going it might not be possible to actually get a permit due to existing 16hr training classes filling up quickly and the MSP's inability to process the flood of new applications before the next general assembly has the chance to screw everything up. I could tolerate loosing my app and fingerprint fees after the Legg decision I just don't know if I want to risk it again with the additional fee for the 16HR training class thrown on top this time. is the training class good for 1 or 2 years ? what to do what to do :sad20:

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    I'm gonna share this. Please note it is from last year under O'Malley. Wondering what your guys thoughts are? Canned response or we are probably in for more of the same crappy policy?

61fa0c0de7b1d80bef4ba3a5fe02f5cb.jpg
    12bdd8734c842c6f695cda418b6a889b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moojersey, what was your original letter? id be curious if it received the same response if sent again today.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    So basically you want to know if Superintendent Pallozzi will continue to insist that a law abiding, tax paying, voter, eligible in all other respects (background check, required training, etc.) has to prove upon submission that the "applicant's life is [already] in imminent danger or that the applicant is currently being targeted by individuals wishing to do him or her harm" before a permit will be issued within 90 days?

Fair question.

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    What concerns me is even if the new super green light self defense as G&S will I have time to get a permit before the General assembly f's it up. I don't know what they'd be able to do but I know they would stop it if they could.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Sine die is less than a month away. It's highly unlikely a special session would be called to overrule such a change. It'd also be an absolute spectacle of it happened.

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    So basically you want to know if Superintendent Pallozzi will continue to insist that a law abiding, tax paying, voter, eligible in all other respects (background check, required training, etc.) has to prove upon submission that the "applicant's life is [already] in imminent danger or that the applicant is currently being targeted by individuals wishing to do him or her harm" before a permit will be issued within 90 days?

Fair question.

or if the "dmb" that wrote the letter for palozzi (code at the bottom), who most likely is the trooper commanding the licensing division still (judging by the initials), who is probably also the person that made up rules to require dealers to notify after 8 day release, applying rifle rules to sbr handguns, making retired officers qualify for g&s if they havent applied within 5 years of retiring, eliminating dealer nics checks, and the whole pia fisaco, will write the same letter all over again.

its not much help for Palozzi to be pro 2A if the people operating under him are hunting for creative burdens and roadblocks to throw up when ever they get a chance.

Skipper

Oct 21, 2013
    Already took the class. I suspect (like many) they'll wait to see if the legislative process works with SB100.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Sine die is less than a month away. It's highly unlikely a special session would be called to overrule such a change. It'd also be an absolute spectacle of it happened.

thought the Governor could only call for a special session?

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    @Jaybeez

I don't know if I still have the original letter I sent to O'Malley. I will take a look around. The overall premise was needling him for the ridiculous requirements of G&S. I can tell you that I have already written Larry Hogan about G&S and have not received a response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom