• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Tired of stepping in water just deep enough to get my toes wet or walking in wet grass and getting the same result.

Any suggestions on anything like these in the same price range or is this it at this price?

175060_1914_42

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/190...&csp=f&attrValue_0=Tan/Brown&productId=198059

Not looking for boots, I have waterproof boots that work for me, I want the lightness of shoes, but want to keep my feet dry.

hit3961

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 5, 2017
    Tired of stepping in water just deep enough to get my toes wet or walking in wet grass and getting the same result.

Any suggestions on anything like these in the same price range or is this it at this price?

175060_1914_42

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/190...&csp=f&attrValue_0=Tan/Brown&productId=198059

Not looking for boots, I have waterproof boots that work for me, I want the lightness of shoes, but want to keep my feet dry.
    https://www.thenorthface.com/explore/waterproof-shoes

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    For normal everyday & work wear I have Irish Setter Soft Paw Oxford Casual shoes. Ultra Dry waterproof, I guess a version of Gore Tex. Great shoes, comfy, & so far very waterproof. $150 more or less

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I have salmon waterproof trail running shoes, they work great but aren't cheap. $150 or so

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Try Ariat. mocs, slip ons, lace ups, camo (including Kryptek), too many to list. excellent customer service. Search for best price.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Try Ariat. mocs, slip ons, lace ups, camo (including Kryptek), too many to list. excellent customer service. Search for best price.

A shoe website ... could not find "waterproof"

wet back and found waterproof boots, but no shoes

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Duck shoes will be a bit more functional, wear them out. Is that what you are looking for?

These are not as dressy but definitely do well: muck boots. Perfect for around the yard type work. Not too pricey.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    A shoe website ... could not find "waterproof"

wet back and found waterproof boots, but no shoes

Whoops, I found their waterproof items and there is nothing like what you are looking for unless you are driving cattle across the great plains. I swear by their boots though.

Muck boots might work for you ?? I have mucked stalls in everything from barefoot to motocross boots but never the muck boots.

Try Merrell Amazon link

One more addition - I have had success spraying Thompsons water seal on a variety of items ... YMMV good luck sir!

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Yeah I should have specified I need extra wide. Lots of regular width shoes and comments on those that come in "W" are generally that they are barely E width and not EE.

Another scary thing in the reviews of a lot of the waterproof shoes "this is my xth pair, I love them" or "I liked the last pair so much I am buying another pair again" Sounds like a lot of them do not wear well. The Beans are looking like the real deal so far.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    https://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Mens...r=8-2&keywords=men's+moab+fst+waterproof&th=1
    merrell. For PE, I'm out setting up the fields in the morning when the grass is all covered in dew. My merrell moabs and the FSTs keep my feet dry, so I don't have to change shoes after my first class(when the field dries off). I have duck-feet(9.5wide) and the regular fst has a large enough toe box to be aiight in a 10, but the 9.5 wide fits like a glove.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    https://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Mens...r=8-2&keywords=men's+moab+fst+waterproof&th=1
    merrell. For PE, I'm out setting up the fields in the morning when the grass is all covered in dew. My merrell moabs and the FSTs keep my feet dry, so I don't have to change shoes after my first class(when the field dries off). I have duck-feet(9.5wide) and the regular fst has a large enough toe box to be aiight in a 10, but the 9.5 wide fits like a glove.

+1 on the wide and the water thing.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Too many reviews of the wide Merrells say they aren't wide enough for us EE/EEE guys. Its not all about length :innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom