• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I had some guy email me wanting to buy a gun, his area code was NYC and in his gmail it said filmaker/blogger etc. I asked if he was a VA resident and never heard back, check his name on Facebook and sure enough some hipster blogger from NY.The Antis are out in force to catch us in some kind of bloomberg sting. I know you all know this but Im just saying watch out, who knows what they are trying to pull

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I had some guy email me wanting to buy a gun, his area code was NYC and in his gmail it said filmaker/blogger etc. I asked if he was a VA resident and never heard back, check his name on Facebook and sure enough some hipster blogger from NY.The Antis are out in force to catch us in some kind of bloomberg sting. I know you all know this but Im just saying watch out, who knows what they are trying to pull

I would absolutely report him to the authorities. He committed a crime. He attempted to purchase a firearm across state lines without an FFL.

You have the emails, you have the proof.

It's time we do something about these things.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    Is it a crime to try to buy across state lines, or a crime to actually buy?

I ask because weekly I get offers via my YouTube channels from people asking to have me build them an AR-15 on my CNC machine. Some cearly are ignorant of the law (I respond kindly to these folks), some are obviously trying to circumvent the law (I ban these folks).

Should I be reporting this? If so, to who?

-Jim

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Is it a crime to try to buy across state lines, or a crime to actually buy?

I ask because weekly I get offers via my YouTube channels from people asking to have me build them an AR-15 on my CNC machine. Some cearly are ignorant of the law (I respond kindly to these folks), some are obviously trying to circumvent the law (I ban these folks).

Should I be reporting this? If so, to who?

-Jim

If I recall correctly, Virginia passed a law in response to Bloomburg's antics to make it illegal to attempt to buy.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I don't know, let the police sort it out. :)

I would love to see one of those Bloomberg plants get arrested. As private citizens, they have no qualified immunity from prosecution.

porscheguy

Jul 30, 2012
    If there's something there to report to the authorities, I'd report it. Would be nice to see one of these smug gun grabbers doing a perp walk.

lockandload

Oct 26, 2012
    You are all over this Aquaman,

I know personally of a small business that was destroyed by some bloomburger agents that were purposely sent from NY to illegally purchase firearms from a dealer in VA. this happened when I was living there. I forget the details but it really destroyed a honest business and good man's livelihood.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    Interested in purchasing. Please call me at 201-478-XXXX

Thanks,
    XXXX

REMEMBER: Avoid scams by dealing locally and NEVER send money orders, cashiers checks, or wire money to sellers.
    XXXXXX 3:09 PM (3 hours ago)

When is a good time to call?

xxxxx 3:22 PM (3 hours ago)
    I am available anytime. Whenever is convenient for you. Sent from my iPhone

xxxxxx <xxxxxx@gmail.com>

3:23 PM (3 hours ago)

to XXXX
    And you are a VA resident correct (just making sure, Ive had issues before)

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    He is in red, Im in black. I got suspicous when I saw the NY area code. Now there are plenty of transplants in NOVA so no big deal but I noticed NYC in his email address. The I looked him up by name and sure enough NY. So Im not sure he did anything illegal or not? thats why I posted all comms for your review. The anti's have tried before, the timing and the fact that the gun is a AR seems strange. I just wanted to remind everyone they are out there or maybe Im just being paranoid. you tell me

Makarov Kid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 7, 2012
    Commietown, Maryland
    He is in red, Im in black. I got suspicous when I saw the NY area code. Now there are plenty of transplants in NOVA so no big deal but I noticed NYC in his email address. The I looked him up by name and sure enough NY. So Im not sure he did anything illegal or not? thats why I posted all comms for your review. The anti's have tried before, the timing and the fact that the gun is a AR seems strange. I just wanted to remind everyone they are out there or maybe Im just being paranoid. you tell me

I suggest reporting him to police. Of course Bloomberg will pardon him and other anti-gunnies that are doing this. Like I said, slip us the facebook and let's show him us pro-gun folks don't like this stuff. ( If that does happen, we'll have to convert the guy into a pro-gun folk! Another member to the "army" is always a good thing!:D)

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I could make a case for intent.

Anyway, even if he doesn't get charged, the point is to put pressure on these Bloomberg people. Let them see that people follow the law, and use it against them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    roth405

Latest threads

Top Bottom