• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    Whew. Well that was enlightening and very helpful. I'm really glad I got to watch those last few hours of it. The people of CT did an excellent job!

widowman

Jul 19, 2010
    visitation rights for the dog...nutty shit.

and she was one of the local legislators....geezzz

So her inference was that her ex-husband shot the dog 10 times that they had shared visitation with, in her backyard. And, she is willing to believe that restraining order is going to protect her when he comes for her?

Good luck with that.

Sportstud4891

Resident SMIB
    Jun 7, 2011
    Chuck County
    Do antis know deep down inside that they personally should not own guns because of their anger management issues? Might they be extending their distrust of themselves to everyone else?

Yep, this is exactly what is going on. It is called projection and is well known in the psychology world. Look it up and read about it. Someone posted an article a while back about the psychology of the anti brain and this was one of the main points.

adamwzl

Aug 1, 2011
    Eastern Shore / Annapolis
    Yep, this is exactly what is going on. It is called projection and is well known in the psychology world. Look it up and read about it. Someone posted an article a while back about the psychology of the anti brain and this was one of the main points.

If you could find that article and repost it or bump it back up that would be great! I'm very interested in that read.

Thanks!

Bremstroker

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 11, 2013
    Anyone know know if this is on You Tube or something similar. I would really like to watch it.

That being said, thank you to all of you that watched and kept us up to date with everything that was happening.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    wow... I guess cabela's testified that if they pass the laws, they are bouncing out of the state.

This guy is telling them all that he won't turn in a damn thing... major applause.

Has anyone contacted Beretta / Benelli USA / Stoeger? Seriously, this is their industry as well.

circadia

Jan 19, 2013
    Arbutus
    Anyone know know if this is on You Tube or something similar. I would really like to watch it.

That being said, thank you to all of you that watched and kept us up to date with everything that was happening.

I did a search on youtube and found someone who put up five of the testimonies from last night. Considering the hearing went on for like 16 hours and well over 1000 people testified, this is a tiny sampling, but it'll at least give you a peek into how the process went.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Arcrinato?feature=watch

AC20814

American
    Mar 8, 2012
    Bethesda, MD
    This is how anti-gun Senator Beth Bye listened to the testimony last night: browsing Facebook.

The people that stayed there all day and night to testify deserve better than this.

r23JvUf.jpg

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Has anyone contacted Beretta / Benelli USA / Stoeger? Seriously, this is their industry as well.

As an employee at Beretta USA, I can say they are most definitely working on this stuff. Have you ever been to the NRA Museum at the headquarters in Fairfax? Beretta is listed as donating over $1,000,000. They are part of the fight, for sure.

I can't say much but Beretta is working to fight the pending legislation on the federal level as well as in individual states, especially Maryland. :thumbsup:

http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/news-from-nra-ila/2008/beretta-group-pledges-$1-million-to-ben.aspx

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    This is how anti-gun Senator Beth Bye listened to the testimony last night: browsing Facebook.

The people that stayed there all day and night to testify deserve better than this.

Her behavior was reprehensible. One of the last guys to speak excoriated the Senators doing it, specifically citing Facebook, and he stared at her and one other Senator to the opposite side while saying it.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD

Reminds me of watching the House Judiciary Committee hearings online last year. Several people commented about the laptops, sidebar conversations, and blatant ignoring of constituent commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom