• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zebramochaman

May 3, 2009
    Damascus, MD
    I belong to the Damascus, MD Chapter. The first year cost of a single membership is $200. In the first year you are required to volunteer your time on two projects, one of which must be a conservation project. Each project lasts 4 hours. Since there are no paid employees, all maintenance is done by members. Projects can be helping out in the kitchen for an event, cleaning up the range, weeding, etc..
    Annual renewals are $130 per year for a single membership (family memberships are slightly higher.).
    In my opinion membership is well worth the money.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    I was told membership was 120 a year at Clear Spring. It's about 4 miles from where I live been there a few times to shoot and even did my college senior research on the Lead contamination on their 100/200yd range.

Phoronus

Apr 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    I let my membership lapse last year, but I'll head over there next week and reapply.

Oh, I posted my thoughts on the facilities and all last year in this post and this post.

I did get back to the pistol range later, it's a nice semi enclosed little area with I think 4/5 lanes.

Treeguy

Jan 14, 2010
    Boonsboro
    Meeting are on Tue nights at 7pm i think..once a month

Email someone to check on the time and date as they can change sometimes

Washington County Maryland Izaak Walton League of America
    12759 Independence Road
    Clear Spring, MD 21722
    ph: 301-582-3070
    steveblickenstaff@yahoo.com

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I've been going there for years. I forget the initiation fee but it's 70 bucks a year once you are in. The ranges are a little rustic but there is never a crowd. I have yet to meet anyone who isn't friendly and I go quite often. Most folks I run into have commercial rifles. I'm a milsurp shooter and I do wish I would run into a few more of those types. The ranges are never busy which is a plus. The only real downside I see is that the 100 and 200 yard ranges overlap so that if someone is at the 100, you simply can't shoot 200 and vice versa. The 200 yard setup is crude in the extreme too. But I'm just glad to have somwhere to go shoot!

I've been going there for years. I forget the initiation fee but it's 70 bucks a year once you are in. The ranges are a little rustic but there is never a crowd. I have yet to meet anyone who isn't friendly and I go quite often. Most folks I run into have commercial rifles. I'm a milsurp shooter and I do wish I would run into a few more of those types. The ranges are never busy which is a plus. The only real downside I see is that the 100 and 200 yard ranges overlap so that if someone is at the 100, you simply can't shoot 200 and vice versa. The 200 yard setup is crude in the extreme too. But I'm just glad to have somwhere to go shoot!

If you read the rule book, the 200 yard range has priority. If you want to piss off the 100 yard shooters, you can ask them to back up. I've never done this, but you can according to the rules. I frequently shoot the 200 yard but I go early in the morning. I take a stool, those plastic chairs are ridiculous.

The fifty yard range is very nice and well kept. I take my grandchildren to shoot there. The pistol range is okay but never crowded. I've been to skeet shoots but never participated. They are well organized and look like lots of fun.

During cold weather I take the kids to the inside .22 range. They also use the inside bow range since they got bows for Christmas.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    I shoot mil sups also very fun indeed. I am going to PM/Call Treeguy and go take a look at the club this or next week. The price is right and I don't mind rustic just so long as I can put em down range this all I ask for :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom