• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msalvas

May 14, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    I was wondering when I was gonna see a topic like this pop up. Subscribed for opinions. As far as Miner running, I won't support a prior criminal. I don't think it lends well to having someone favorable for us in a position of office. He shouldn't have been DUI. Period.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Craig is my second choice. Hogan-(Ehrlich) is last.

Lollar f-d up in getting his form to the NRA. In 2010 and 2012 he had an A rating. I think Lollar is the only one that can win the general election. Hogan reeks of over privileged man in his big black "Change Maryland" tour bus.

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    Where is Miner getting all of his cash? He has signs everywhere!!! You're not the first to call him out as a punk...

For what it is worth Stan is a combat wounded Vietnam vet - very few know that.. Solid man..

Interesting about Jeff Cline - another guy with too many signs..

msalvas

May 14, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    eguju6es.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    I'm the same as OP except I'm voting for Baker, Wivell and Stouffer, Guessford in their races. Don't know the others enough to water down my vote.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    I met Pearson Friday when I towed his van,we talked a fee minutes and he says he plans on being a full time commissioner,he has been attending alot of the fire association meetings.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I love Lollar's tax plan of eliminating the income tax. that should really get them going in Annapolis.

Dan Bongino - of course

I have Shank/Parrot/Sarfinne (SP?) in my area

Totally agree on county commissioners. I watch Cline on Facebook and he's some kind of self promoter never seen a guy older than me take so many selfies.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    More Discussion on the County Comminsionser.

- These Guys are all recommended by the Washington County Sportsmen's Federation. I meet Bill and Rodney at the one meeting and I know a lot of people that know Terry. All are for protecting Sportsmen and making Government work for you and cheaper.
    -Terry Baker (incumbent)
    -William Wivell
    -Rodney Pearson

Looks like I personally will add Ruth Anne Callahan to my list. Anyone know anything about her or others?

John Barr - Owner of Ellsworth electric, on various board and can't see much more.

Ruth Anne Callahan - From her website
    My Core values are centered on Faith, Service, and Truthfulness.
    I am an unabashed Constitutionalist, a fiscal conservative, and an advocate for less government
    I believe in good Government Close to the People and that Communication is often our most difficult task

Ed Forest - Can't even turn up on a Google search for "Ed forest washington county commissioner" or a search using the BOE, Sad :rolleyes: Republicain but sounds like a Old school Big Governemnt one. PASS I am not sure we need a New Vision Ed
    Herald Mail:
    Ed Forrest, a 50-year-old Hagerstown resident who previously served a decade on the Washington County Board of Education, said his background of public service and experience with large budgets like the school system’s would be an asset as commissioner.

“I just really think public service is important, and I think the voters in Washington County deserve to choose,” he said. “I think I can offer a new vision for the county.”

John Munson - Sounds like a fiscal Conservative, but all his answers are short, very short. I also hear some negative comments, by others.
    Herald Mail:
    Former Commissioner John Munson, 72, also has tossed his hat in the ring to return to county office, saying he’s “not happy” with the state of county finances.

Munson, a Hagerstown resident, said he thinks the commissioners need to focus on repaying debts rather than on spending.

“A lot of people I’ve talked to aren’t really happy with the current situation in there,” he said. “They think they’re spending too much and not paying the debt off. So we’ll see what happens.”

William B. McKinley - Seems conservative and a runner against Munson, byt started talking about a "Fire Tax". He must be like Cline and involved in the Fairplay Fire thing. I am not for more Taxes and not sure I am for fairplay either.
    Secondly, there needs to be more of a partnership from the top down in the emergency services sector. For funding, increased sustainable revenue through an increase in accessible base or possibly a fire tax. Fire tax can lead to lower accountability and runaway costs since it is a separate fund. Frederick County recently combined the fire tax back into general fund operations to regain control for just that reason.

LeRoy Myers - He's one of the "Home Rule" guys and this is what the Montgomery County people that moved out here want so they can change the county fast to be like where they came from. This has been defeated three times before. Sorry LeRoy, you lost my vote.
    Myers focused his attention this year on trying to bring a charter home-rule form of government to Washington County, because he said it would enable the county to function more efficiently instead of waiting for the annual 90-day session of the state legislature.

Grampa G

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2010
    Washington Co.
    I can only imagine what voting would be like if Barr and his brother in law Leroy both got on the county board since they're heavy into construction.

Can anyone explain Perini's run for school board? Last time we saw him in the news he offered to buy and rehab a building downtown if the school agreed to a long term lease.

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    Now that we're thru the primaries I can do no more than to ask for your vote. I'm fiscally conservative, pro 2a, very liberty minded, small business owner, long time Washington County resident and 100% willing to listen to the citizens of this fine county. I would be humbled to serve.

Doug Bigelow
    Republican Candidate for Washington County Clerk of the Court

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    Got mine!

You can count on my vote! Hit all the right "buttons" for me..

Now that we're thru the primaries I can do no more than to ask for your vote. I'm fiscally conservative, pro 2a, very liberty minded, small business owner, long time Washington County resident and 100% willing to listen to the citizens of this fine county. I would be humbled to serve.

Doug Bigelow
    Republican Candidate for Washington County Clerk of the Court

doug38s

BIGELOW
    Mar 28, 2012
    Sharpsburg
    Thank you sir! If anyone is out and about this week please stop by the Washington County Ag Expo on Sharpsburg Pike and meet many of the candidates that are running for office. The Washington Co Repub Club has a booth in the main hall. Neil Parrott also has a booth right across from us. Dan Bongino will be there tonight and Thursday. Many of the commissioners to include Baker and Cline are there daily. I will be there every night thru the weekend. Please stop by and introduce yourself. I would love to meet everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom