• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I'm running a war belt with a SERPA holster on it now. I personally like the SERPA, but I don't like the STRIKE mounting platform the the MOLLE webbing. I'm looking for something that would take up less room and be able to mount lower. I see everyone using Bladetech or Safariland holsters for this. The only problem is that my inner belt is fully covered by the outer padded belt (Blackwater belt) and so it can not be mounted to the inner belt. I think it would have to be mounted to the MOLLE webbing itself. Any ideas? I don't know about these holsters or how they mount.

I might end up ditching the war belt for a simple riggers belt anyway, once I switch to a new chest rig.

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    G Code might make something you like. My setup uses a raven concealment holster but then again I like my holster high.

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010
    I'm not looking for a new rig, just how to set up that kind of holster. I am not familiar with how they mount. The STRIKE platform sits the holster too high and takes up too much room.

C45P312

Jan 17, 2012
    Virginia
    Do you actually use the molle on the belt to attach pouches or other items? I've personally found that I'm not utilizing a "war belt" to it's full potential. Instead of the full molle belts, i've switched to a more tone down version from SORD USA. It still allows me to attach dump pouch, magazines pouches, and a single fast mag pouch for M4.

image.php

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    I've got the same problem, with a not well thought out belt.....

Look at Bagman Tactical (archangel on the forum).

His belt is out of this world.

Numidian

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 25, 2007
    Shrewsbury, PA
    You may want to check out the brokos battle belt from vtac:
    http://vikingtactics.com/belts_brokos.html

I considered buying one of them, then I realized I'd have to buy new Molle attachments for all my gear or (and more likely) I'd just weave the belt through for everything and not be using the Brokos at all...

So I still don't have a belt at this time, but when I do get one, it will either be the Safariland ELS or just a nice heavy instructor type belt or maybe the Cobra belt from VTAC

Ooops

Former Navy Bubblehead
    Nov 11, 2010
    Red Lion, PA
    Bought my rig from Six-Five Savage in the classifieds. For $200 he included:

1 brokos belt
    1 cobra riggers belt
    1 pistol mag taco pouch
    2 double decker taco pouches
    1 dump pouch
    1 med kit pouch

I bought a raven concealment holster for it and I'm pretty happy with the set-up.

Attachments

• warbelt.jpg
      warbelt.jpg
      87.4 KB · Views: 615

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Do you actually use the molle on the belt to attach pouches or other items? I've personally found that I'm not utilizing a "war belt" to it's full potential. Instead of the full molle belts, i've switched to a more tone down version from SORD USA. It still allows me to attach dump pouch, magazines pouches, and a single fast mag pouch for M4.

I do use the molle. . . to attach TACOS :D I use a cobra 1.5 everyday belt from Jones Tactical. I highly recommend Jones Tactical, I have met him and he is a great stand up guy.

and a MUT and a DARK medkit (I am in the blue shirt).

Note that I keep the very back and front of my belt clean (just like I dont carry small of back). That is on purpose, so I dont F by back up when landing/falling backwards and so I can get nice and low (and not bust my own balls) when I go prone. I dont have any problems going urban prone, my glock just gets mud and crap smashed into it but it can take it ;) and on the other side the tacos have a nice low profile and I dont even notice them. Also note that I carry more rifle than pistol, I see some belts that have 3-4 handgun mags and then only 1 rifle mag. Why would you carry a bunch of handgun mags when you could carry more rifle mags instead?

I would take other pictures but I am out of town so I have to go with the pictures that were taken at a class I attended a month or two ago. :)

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    James Yeager also has a great gallery of pics from the class including funny pics of Chris being Chris. :lol2: Google jamesyeager/Costa Ludus photobucket.

I would post the link but my POS work laptop is freaking out (ie locking up and dieing) when I try to get on photobucket lol :sad20:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom