• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JDove

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2010
    “The picture being painted by these documents is not an accurate reflection of reality,” said Gansler, a former Montgomery County state’s attorney who was first elected attorney general in 2006. “I deeply respect the troopers and job they do protecting me and the public. A few of the 18 troopers who have provided me protection felt my backseat driving made them uncomfortable — for that I apologize.”

Hmmm where have I heard this before? Liberalism is a hell of a drug!

2447249.jpg

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Wow two assholes vying for the same seat. The shit storm may be enough to get a Honest Republican elected. :party29:

Hey... we can hope. :cool:

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    If he does win I'm sure that a few troopers are going to wind up patroling in the Maryland equivalent of Siberia.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    This Dougie Crap is MD Democratic BS that goes back to Govenor Don Schafer. "Billy Don" would not let the 55 mpg speed limit be raised but his motorcade always passed me going 80 miles an hour. Hypocritical elitist bastards...

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    From page 1 of today's Washington Post:

Maryland Attorney General Douglas F. Gansler regularly ordered state troopers assigned to drive him to turn on the lights and sirens on the way to routine appointments, directing them to speed, run red lights and bypass traffic jams by using the shoulder, according to written accounts by the Maryland State Police.

When troopers refused to activate the emergency equipment, Gansler, now a Democratic candidate for governor, often flipped the switches himself, according to the police accounts. And on occasion, he became so impatient that he insisted on driving, directing the trooper to the passenger’s seat. Gansler once ran four red lights with sirens blaring, a trooper wrote. Another account said he “brags” about driving the vehicle unaccompanied on weekends with the sirens on.

“This extremely irresponsible behavior is non-stop and occurs on a daily basis,” Lt. Charles Ardolini, commander of the state police executive protection section, wrote in a December 2011 memo that said the problem had existed for five years. “Attorney General Gansler has consistently acted in a way that disregards public safety, our Troopers safety and even the law.”​

Read the full Post story here:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/local...15487a-328f-11e3-9c68-1cf643210300_story.html

Read the redacted internal Maryland State Police memos on this matter, obtained by the Post under the public-records law, here:
    http://apps.washingtonpost.com/g/documents/local/maryland-state-police-memos-and-e-mails/629/

sixfivesavage

Jun 30, 2011
    Jarrettsville
    “Attorney General Gansler has consistently acted in a way that disregards public safety, our Troopers safety and even the law.”

Ya don't say! Kinda seems like something that has been well known around here for a while now...

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

" in a December 2011 memo that said the problem had existed for five years. “

Yeah, this is gonna be a problem.....:rolleyes::D

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Well we can hope that this leak means that Brown is the chosen successor.. but how does it help us..

Who will take out Brown if Gansler is damaged..?

Its too early in the cycle for fratracide. Amusing though it may be

However what does it tell us about the possible push back on the msp after the latest conflict?

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Wow!!! That would result in suspension and outright termination (for multiple infractions) where I work. How can he be allowed to remain AG? Can he be impeached and removed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom