• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ezeerider

Mount Airy, Marylandistan
    Feb 10, 2009
    Mount Airy, Md.
    I just picked up a Knoxx Sidewinder kit off gunbroker but there are no instructions with the kit.
    It looks straightforward enough, but if there is any documentation available,
    I'd like to see it before I begin the conversion. Anybody?

sidewinder11.jpg

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    FP,

I think OP is for the front end, that accepts the drum magazine. It looks like the mag tube, and action bars need to be removed from the original gun, and the new assembly attached. That is the rough instructions, the actual instructions are hard to come by.

ezeerider

Feb 10, 2009
    Mount Airy, Md.
    FP,

I think OP is for the front end, that accepts the drum magazine. It looks like the mag tube, and action bars need to be removed from the original gun, and the new assembly attached. That is the rough instructions, the actual instructions are hard to come by.

Yeah, that part I pretty much figured out, but the kit also included a cutting tool to ream the receiver so the mag tube comes to rest at 6 o'clock before it is Loctited into place. And theres also another issue about removing the cartridge stop. This is just stuff I have been picking up on other forums. I'm just wondering if thats all I got to do. By the way, I'm looking for a cheap Mossberg Cruiser.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Step one, dissassemble your mossberg 500.
    Remove the forend assembly, mag tube, and the right side action bar.
    Step two, the tool is used to deepen the Mag tube "hole" so you can screw in the sidewinder kit until the rear of the mag well is flush with the reciever at the six oclock position. Insert your new forend and pin it on with the plastic locking piece.

Reassemble

You know you need to cut deeper if your barrel won't go into the reciever. keep trying each time you reach the six oclock position until you have a nice tight fit.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    lj016-1-1.jpg

lj017.jpg

I have since lightened the rig by removing the tac light, sling, and muzzle breacher. Always draws attention.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    thats one hell of a set-up 240..... i am down your way alot, i may need to take that for a test drive

ezeerider

Feb 10, 2009
    Mount Airy, Md.
    Thats a damn cool lookin shotgun. I have one almost identical to yours. Same fold over the top stock, same ventilated barrel guard, same side saddle shell holder, and I have a light on the front of mine too.

knoxxjungle013110.jpg

knoxx013110angledonfire.jpg

Last edited:

CaptCohen

Oct 26, 2010
    Side Saddle

What kind of side saddle do you have on your mossberg 500? Did you have to do any special modifications to get it to fit with the top folding stock? I have the same stock on mine and am looking to put a side saddle on.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    For some reason(probably lawyers) firearm modification kits do not include instructions or tech support so when something goes wrong theycan plead ignorance. Why on Earth would you want a sidesaddle on a mag gun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom