• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BLS27

May 1, 2015
    Mt. Airy
    Kittery Trading Post has 308 and 243 in stock.

I got mine from them (6.5cm) a few weeks ago for $1099. They don't have any 6.5 in stock but figured some of you might want the 308 or 243. It looks like they're running a 17% off too, from what I read over at SnipersHide.

Can't order from the website, you need to call.

http://www.kitterytradingpost.com/
    (800-872-4867)

Neot

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2009
    South County
    That's a fun store to check out if you're ever up in Maine. Never had seen that many lever actions in one place before stepping foot in their store.

Orthogonal

Jul 23, 2013
    Bel Air
    Growing up in New England, this place (along with LL Bean up in Freeport before it went yuppy) was the go to place for sporting goods in Souther Maine/NH. Don't recall them having a lot of firearms, but that was 30 years ago. Libs in Boston must be freaking out having that many guns that close to the MA border.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Green Top in Richmond has 8(!) 6.5CMs left. In store only. We bought 2 :D

c4snipar

Ultimate Member
    Jul 21, 2014
    Montgomery County, MD
    Just called, they are out on all calibers but expecting more on the way about 20-30 each caliber. No 17% off, but it was on sale $1099. Jim was the guy I spoke to, seem pretty nice guy

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Starting to think about a 6.5........pretty covered in .308. In no hurry so hopefully prices will come back to reality

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Starting to think about a 6.5........pretty covered in .308. In no hurry so hopefully prices will come back to reality

This is the thought I have realized. I don't want to pay $1500 for rifle that should cost $1,000. I did that during the last scare and now I feel stupid.

GeorgeSSR

Jan 31, 2009
    I managed to score a 6.5 Saturday for $1176 with the claim that it was the last one in the county (don't know if it's true, but I was buying it anyway). Now I just need to find a range with more than 200 yards.

Attachments

• foto_no_exif.jpg
      foto_no_exif.jpg
      47.3 KB · Views: 551

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    I managed to score a 6.5 Saturday for $1176 with the claim that it was the last one in the county (don't know if it's true, but I was buying it anyway). Now I just need to find a range with more than 200 yards.

I picked one up Friday and another member did as well, I think they are starting to show up MORE now than they have in the past.

Now the trick is finding reloading components for them lol

Alderleet

Always, Sometimes.
    Sep 25, 2013
    AA
    I picked one up Friday and another member did as well, I think they are starting to show up MORE now than they have in the past.

Now the trick is finding reloading components for them lol

Buy the forster FL benchrest die, and ultra micrometer seater die.

worth every penny.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Is 6.5CM not worth shooting if you're not reloading?

No. Thats what seems so great about it. As I read it, the match loads out there are so good you don't have to reload for it if you don't want to. Seems the design is fairly insensitive to bullet jump which lends itself to buying off the shelf ammo. I have very little experience with this yet but it it seems to be a pretty common theme on the bechrest/sniper/reloading forums so there must be some truth to it.

Im going to Ed Shells class this weekend. Have a bunch of factory Hornady 140gr AMAX and ELD to test the theory;)

I found a deal on a bunch of 140gr Berger hybrids a while back. Need to accumulate enough brass to start reloading w/ those... (this weekend should help;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    alfontso

Latest threads

Top Bottom