Walther PPQ M2 9mm 5 inch/review - THANKS 2A!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I had been looking around for this pistol and it was obtainable if ordered, but I hadn't seen it in stock at any local shops.

I really wanted the chance to check the ergonomics, test the hyped up trigger and check the sight picture with longer sight radius first hand, before buying.

I saw Mr. Flipz post in another thread that 2A sales and supply had 2 in stock, 9mm and 40.
    This was about a week before black Friday so I rolled the dice hoping no one would scoop it before the sale.
    A couple pm's later the morning of black friday and it turns out they still have the 9mm in stock and after some negotiating with Santa Claus, it was a go.:party29:

Mark must have been able to tell I was super worried that I wouldn't get off work in time, because I thought SURELY during this awesome sale, SOMEONE would buy it before I could get off work.
    But Mark assured me it would be there for me when I got off work and it sure was. :D

As soon as I held it I knew I had to own it, down right outstanding ergonomics. I can reach the mag release and slide release, without having to shift or alter my grip at all.

Then I tested out the trigger and wow it actually exceeded the hype. The trigger is light, crisp, with a super short very noticeably felt and audible reset.
    I wish I could say my M&P DCAEK / RAM trigger upgrade is as good as this out of the box PPQ trigger, but it's not. The PPQ M2 trigger even puts an upgraded trigger job to shame.

The longer sight radius and picture is as excellent as I had hoped. The sights are polymer, but still, I don't see myself switching to night sights, these sights just work the way they are. Maybe I'll add a light/laser to the rail on this one.

I finally got to the range New Years Day. I put 200 rounds of 115gr WWB through it with zero malfunctions.
    I'm no competition shooter by any means, I'm pretty much a noob handgun shooter and I felt like I could hop in a competition and compete with pros with this pistol. I'm sure in the hands of a shooter much better than I, it's a tack driver.

I used 5 round mags while at the range to get a better idea of groupings and this pic below is one of the better groupings at a distance of 8 yards.

Final thoughts:
    There are a few local shops I give my business to and 2A Sales and Supply is one of them. Thanks for the continued excellent customer service at your shop. I'll be back soon. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

This pistol is OUTSTANDING and exceeds the hype around it. If the new Walther CCP has the same trigger, I'll probably be going that route also for another conceal piece outside of my G19.

2Asales&Supplies

, , Up In Arms Since 2009
    Industry Partner
    Aug 5, 2009
    Thank You!!!!

I'm surprised it took you that long to get it to the range. Enjoy!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    OP, thanks for sharing your impressions, and nice shooting (10 yards? more?). Have been tempted to get one of these, but have the 4-inch PPQ M1 (in 9mm) and P99AS which uses the same mags, so accumulated more intercompatible mags for both. I also like the paddle mag drops. Thus, if Walther ever releases a 5-inch PPQ M1, I will be all over it. :D

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    OP, thanks for sharing your impressions, and nice shooting (10 yards? more?). Have been tempted to get one of these, but have the 4-inch PPQ M1 (in 9mm) and P99AS which uses the same mags, so accumulated more intercompatible mags for both. I also like the paddle mag drops. Thus, if Walther ever releases a 5-inch PPQ M1, I will be all over it. :D

Thanks but I'm not that good a shot, yet. I think it was 8 yrds out.

You make a good point about the mags they are pricey for the ppq, it sure would be nice if the m1's worked in the m2's.

I tried out the M1 paddle too and it just felt too awkward, compared to perfect positioning on the M2. No need to adjust my grip at all on the M2.

I saw a video show Canik 55 18 rd mags work for the M2, and are about 15 bucks cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    cddrive

Latest threads

Top Bottom