• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doberdad

Feb 23, 2012
    Salisbury, MD
    Purchased some snap caps to help the wife practice with the Walther and they do not want to cycle at all. In fact they jam in the barrel -- tightly. Anyone know if the Walther just doesn't like snap caps?

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    Purchased some snap caps to help the wife practice with the Walther and they do not want to cycle at all. In fact they jam in the barrel -- tightly. Anyone know if the Walther just doesn't like snap caps?

What caliber is your PPK/S? IIRC, they can be cambered in either .380 or .32 ACP.

Is the gun NIB or used? Has the barrel been cleaned or is it dirty?

Doberdad

Feb 23, 2012
    Salisbury, MD
    What caliber is your PPK/S? IIRC, they can be cambered in either .380 or .32 ACP.

Is the gun NIB or used? Has the barrel been cleaned or is it dirty?

.380 purchased new with about 100 rounds through it. Cleaned right after the last trip to the range. The wife enjoys it, but was having some trouble cleanly pulling the slide back so I got the snap caps for her to practice.

KMK1862

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2010
    York County, PA
    The recoil spring is still stiff on mine. I can't offer any help with the snap caps, except to maybe try a different brand.

The spring should loss some tension after putting more rounds through the gun. Maybe around 250/500 rounds. Although mine wasn't NIB, I did replace all of the springs with new ones when I purchased it.

EDIT: Sometimes I have some difficulty in racking the slide with the new spring. What helps me out is to rack the slide with an empty mag in and then either remove and load the mag or insert a loaded mag. All that is needed at this point is pull the slide back a little to release the slide stop.

Last edited:

Doberdad

Feb 23, 2012
    Salisbury, MD
    The recoil spring is still stiff on mine. I can't offer any help with the snap caps, except to maybe try a different brand.

The spring should loss some tension after putting more rounds through the gun. Maybe around 250/500 rounds. Although mine wasn't NIB, I did replace all of the springs with new ones when I purchased it.

EDIT: Sometimes I have some difficulty in racking the slide with the new spring. What helps me out is to rack the slide with an empty mag in and then either remove and load the mag or insert a loaded mag. All that is needed at this point is pull the slide back a little to release the slide stop.

Thanks. I'm thinking a lot more rounds will help also. This is my first experience with snap caps so that's why I was curious as to other's experience. I'm definitely surprised how difficult it is to rack the slide on the Walther, but I put it down to the smaller size and my larger hands

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom