• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    I have a P22 and SW 22a

I have no issues with my P22 since i have fired over 1krds with no jams ..

but my 22a has been giving me issues, I dont know why but i am trying to figure it out on my own before calling SW but I might have some issues since i dont have a receipt of my purchase if they would ask me ...

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    So there's really no ther good .22 handgun out there besides a Ruger?

Like others here, I love my Mark III, but there definitely are other options, just non as prolific and easily customizable. Buckmarks are preferred by some for very valid reasons. I haven't heard of many people picking up the Beretta Neo, but I've heard of no complaints from them outside of the appearance.

The only .22s I've heard of often having issues are the P22, the Sig Mosquito, and some of the Taurus .22s. Seems the QC on these is hit and miss as I've also heard extremely good things about the Taurus .22s when they do work as expected.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    i'm a big fan of my p22 walther. i have the 5" barrel "target" configuration and really enjoy shooting it. its a bit small for me sometimes (since age 12 i've been raised on 1911s) and it genearlly only likes "high velocity" ammo. i've found the best is either Fiocchi 38grain (which i order in from the midwest in bulk) or Federal's Game Shok in 31 grain. the 40 grain federal game shok will cycle as well, but the higher velocity smaller grain stuff seems to keep the gun very happy and feels cooler to shoot (more snappy). as for accuracy, i dont know that it is any better or worse than its operator. at 100 yards i can hit a human size target (in the most recent case, an old hot water heater about 2 feet by four feet in cross-section) 8 or 9 rounds out of each 10 round magazine. my friend has the 3.5 inch walther and he shot the same test (several mags each) on the water heater and got an average of 7 out of ten hits. they are good guns, but are finicky about ammo and they must be kept clean (this is true of any gun, but particularly important with a round as dirty as .22lr). the problems i've experienced with mine are all directly related to the nut behind the trigger (me). one day it gave me trouble, so i discontinued use and when i got home, realized that i'd been lazy and had not adequately cleaned the chamber. when I do MY part, the gun handles very well.

coinboy

Yeah, Sweet Lemonade.
    Oct 22, 2007
    Howard County
    I have a P22 and SW 22a

I have no issues with my P22 since i have fired over 1krds with no jams ..

but my 22a has been giving me issues, I dont know why but i am trying to figure it out on my own before calling SW but I might have some issues since i dont have a receipt of my purchase if they would ask me ...

Only 1K through your P22? That's it? I fired 1K through mine without ever cleaning it. I started having minor jamming issues around 800 rounds. At 1K it needed to be cleaned. I've probably had about 2.5k to 3k through mine. It's a great little gun. Everyone that shoots it, loves it. I was hitting bullseyes at 15 feet no problems. It shoots very nice groups at 50 feet. One of the best handgun purchases I ever made. I absolutely hate the Ruger MKII.

J&JGUNS

Sep 4, 2007
    Easton ,Md
    Heres what I did to mine

Attachments

• ebay 045.jpg
      ebay 045.jpg
      84.3 KB · Views: 195

m21att1

Nov 19, 2007
    That's a sweet setup you have there! I wanted to get a suppressor for my
    P22, but didn't feel like going through the rigamarow. I may end up getting it one day though.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    That's a sweet setup you have there! I wanted to get a suppressor for my
    P22, but didn't feel like going through the rigamarow. I may end up getting it one day though.

Ain't nothing to it. It sounds like a PITA the first time, but it's worth it in the long run.

I have 2 pistol suppressors and 3 rifle suppressors and I love them. They are a great addition to any gun.

My suppressed Sig's (the 22 suppressor found a new host gun in the form of a Ruger 22/45)
    standard.jpg

m21att1

Nov 19, 2007
    Ain't nothing to it. It sounds like a PITA the first time, but it's worth it in the long run.

I have 2 pistol suppressors and 3 rifle suppressors and I love them. They are a great addition to any gun.

My suppressed Sig's (the 22 suppressor found a new host gun in the form of a Ruger 22/45)
    standard.jpg

Very Nice!! I'll most likely will get the suppressor because I am itching to get one, but just didn't want to deal with it at the time. Looks like I'll have to make a trip to Continental Arms when I'm ready huh?

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    Just got back from the Gun Connection and held the P22 and the Sig Mosquito. P22 is way to small like everybody said. Im think Im gonna go with the Sig instead. The Sig feel so much better. Doesnt feel like a toy and has the option for a can.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    The Mosquito is a neat little gun. We have on in rental. It has been back to Sig 2 times so far, but it's a very popular rental, and the failures have not been as drastic as the Walther.

I have the threaded one (pictured above) and it has been trouble free since day 1. i shoot Remington Target w/ the light spring when shooting it suppressed, and CCI Mini Mag w/ the heavy spring for unsuppressed shooting. I have about 2500 rds through it so far.

HoChiWaWa

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    The Mosquito is a neat little gun. We have on in rental. It has been back to Sig 2 times so far, but it's a very popular rental, and the failures have not been as drastic as the Walther.

I have the threaded one (pictured above) and it has been trouble free since day 1. i shoot Remington Target w/ the light spring when shooting it suppressed, and CCI Mini Mag w/ the heavy spring for unsuppressed shooting. I have about 2500 rds through it so far.

I hear they have fixed some of the mosquito's problems, their first run was abysmal, a guy on another forum couldn't get through a magazine without multiple jams on his first generation one.

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I'll be using a p22 to teach my son IDPA. :)

That's after I actually get around to doing IDPA. :lol2:

Went and shot my first match last week and it was a blast, goin to shoot in tomorrows as well, you should give it a try. It was a good time for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom