• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I have not actually seen this gun, but it sure looks nice in those ads. There have been other .22's put out recently on old 1911 looking frames. I have yet to find one that is the quality their ad's represent or I would have purchased one. The sad truth is that gun is made by Umarex, an Air-gun Company Walther is teamed up with. It will be made of pot-metal and will be OK for what it costs. I am not saying they are not worth the money I just caution about them being mis-represented in my opinion.
    Here is a good read:http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=86
    If you already own a 1911 I would suggest looking for a good conversion kit.
    If not, there are better 1911 .22's out there. Good Luck!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I have one of the Rail Gun flavor waiting on paperwork. My purchase on purpose was somthing else , but in current times there is no point in doing paperwork for only one (until DC letter arrives ). A .22lr handgun was on short list for pre- Oct 1 purchase. The entire selection of in stock .22lr's was the Rail Gun , and a GSG mfg'd SIG 1911. While I would have prefered w/o the rail , it was otherwise setup in my prefered 1911 fashon , was normal colored , and had decent trigger. The threaded bbl might be interesting in a cpl years , after finiancial recovery from pre- Oct 1 . Ok , maybe also after 2014 Election Cycle.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    I'd opt for a conversion kit also. I have one and it is nice to have the same frame one uses in competition or defensive use and have the option of inexpensive (we'll get back there) RF practice. It may take some tweaking but they will run right.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    Basically I'm trying to get an inexpensive but decent quality .22 for my wife. I realize those two things don't always go hand in hand, though.

How is Chiappa? They have a 1911 .22 LR for $271 on buds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom