• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    So in my search for another want not need ccw pistol. I thought I had it narrowed down to the sig 365 or hellcat. Leaning toward sig but that’s a different discussion and at this point a flip of the coin between those two.

Today I shot a fiends walther ccp 9 mm. Wow Impressed with how easy it was to rack the slide and how soft shooting it was. I mean really easy to rack for these old hands and noticeably softer shooting compared to a heavier gun like my sub compact xd or glock that weigh more.
    Now this is on my short list to buy.

Anyone have one that can talk me out of getting one? I can’t find any threads or reviews where they had problems from long term use but respect opinions here.
    A search here found no real common problems with them but not much discussion on them.
    Thanks

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    My hobbit hands would benefit from the F.

Looking for one to try here in FDRK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proline Fisher

Mar 16, 2013
    Severn
    I have the CCP M2 9mm. It’s a great
    shooter and fits me well. I have had zero issues with mine. I also have a Hellcat but haven’t carried it since I have gotten the Walther.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I have the CCP M2 9mm. It’s a great
    shooter and fits me well. I have had zero issues with mine. I also have a Hellcat but haven’t carried it since I have gotten the Walther.

I shoot my M2 PDP better than any other pistol save my 1911s. Best OEM trigger out there IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    I appreciate the feedback so far.
    My main interest in it was how easy it was to operate the slide. Having beat ones hands up over 68 years as a mechanic. A simple thing like racking the slide does come into consideration for those of us that loose the grip we had when younger.
    Recoil is recoil, less is better but we are however shooting a compact pistol.

The sig 365 and hellcat are on my short list but I really like but ease of slide on walther makes me reconsider my options.

Mr. arthritis ain’t going away anytime soon and manipulating a firearm as we get older needs to be taken into account, at least for me lol
    Thanks

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I have been reading about the Walther CCP. I like what I’m seeing. I especially like that the safety and mag release can be switched to lefty.

I think I need one.

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    I have been reading about the Walther CCP. I like what I’m seeing. I especially like that the safety and mag release can be switched to lefty.

I think I need one.
    Out of the several pistols I've handled lately, the PDP Pro is what I bought. No "pinch" left on either hand because of mostly unsuccessful Arthritis surgeries. Racking from the top on the PDP was easier for me than any of them. The exaggerated serrations are just what I needed. My 2 VP-9's and SW MP-2 all have 'slide assists' installed because of my limitation. I'll also have to swap the mag release over to the "wrong" side.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I appreciate the feedback so far.
    My main interest in it was how easy it was to operate the slide. Having beat ones hands up over 68 years as a mechanic. A simple thing like racking the slide does come into consideration for those of us that loose the grip we had when younger.
    Recoil is recoil, less is better but we are however shooting a compact pistol.

The sig 365 and hellcat are on my short list but I really like but ease of slide on walther makes me reconsider my options.

Mr. arthritis ain’t going away anytime soon and manipulating a firearm as we get older needs to be taken into account, at least for me lol
    Thanks
    I like my Hellcat, but the slide is not easy to rack. Really stiff spring and almost non existent slide serrations.

cobra

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2009
    White Marsh
    CMP I too am a wrong side shooter lol

Khan also found hellcat took effort to rack slide, no different then my glock or Roger. sig 365 a bit easier but nothing like Walther. Guess Function of piston recoil system that makes them easier to rack and shoot.
    I did find take down and reassembling different compared to my other pistols. More so assembly.
    Agreed is is “ not best looking pistol” but thinking I can get past looks. Do wish it was more say stream line, without bottom rail.
    Thanks for all the feedback so far. Very helpful.

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    They interest me as well. Mainly because it’s a gas delayed blow back system like the Hk P7 series.

I think the trigger sucks on the CCP but that wouldn’t steer me away from snagging one for the right price as a shooter. As recommended, take care cleaning the gas piston and gas chamber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom