• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I put my hands on one of these today and fell in love. I think I am going to sell my FNS and buy one. I really don't know much about the gun other than what I have seen on YouTube videos. It feels really nice in my hand the trigger is butter. It checks all my boxes. Does anyone here have one and can share some thoughts? Or just thoughts about Walter guns? I was leaning towards a CZ shadow 2 compact but not sure now. Walter is much cheaper in cost although that isn't a deal breaker. I do like that the Walter has a threaded barrel which I don't think you can get on the CZ. Does anyone here own both and can compare?

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    I have a ccp. My wife has a different model (escapes me this early). We both love them.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Never heard of WALTER brand pistols. :)

Good looking for sure. Can't really tell how "compact" it is, but I hate threaded barrels on what is supposed to be a "smaller" carry gun. If anything is going to snag on something during a draw, it's going to be that barrel. Not some squared off edge on the back of a slide or whatever. Also that mag well needs to come off.
    All pistol slides should be cut this aggressive. It is so industrially beautiful.

pdp sd.jpg

Last edited:

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I have the original Walther PPQ model and like it so much I went out and bought a PDP. I also went with the PDP Pro, but opted for the full size. It is my main gun when I go to range. The trigger is excellent out the box, It is Red Dot Ready and has been flawless with over 1K rounds. Make sure you are getting 3 Mags with it, Walther had a shortage on the 18 Rd Mags and shipped many with just 2, they are about 70 each and hard to find. Also if you don't need the threaded barrel don't be afraid to consider the other PDP models, the trigger is pretty good in them as well. Be prepared to wait on Optics plate which you should order ASAP even if you don't need it now. I would be glad to let you shoot mine at Flate Broke or Cindys, PM me.

Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    I wasn’t planning on buying it for my carry. I just liked the way the compact felt in my hand. I might consider using it suppressed as my nightstand gun. The one I looked at yesterday was threaded, optics cut, and had 3 18 round mags.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    I wasn’t planning on buying it for my carry. I just liked the way the compact felt in my hand. I might consider using it suppressed as my nightstand gun. The one I looked at yesterday was threaded, optics cut, and had 3 18 round mags.
    IMHO, It would be a great choice.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Never heard of WALTER brand pistols. :)

Good looking for sure. Can't really tell how "compact" it is, but I hate threaded barrels on what is supposed to be a "smaller" carry gun. If anything is going to snag on something during a draw, it's going to be that barrel. Not some squared off edge on the back of a slide or whatever. Also that mag well needs to come off.
    All pistol slides should be cut this aggressive. It is so industrially beautiful.

View attachment 451713
    20210222_205441.jpg

Yeah, I've has this p99as since about 2007. It's cool seeing this general pistol design spreading like wildfire over the years. From the canik models to the ppq(derived from the polish rad p99), it's evolved a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom