• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    brokenWALTHERslide732.jpg

6241183324_1a5191aebd.jpg

Aside from the occasional slide failure, people seem to like them.

Just get a Ruger 22/45 with a threaded barrel. :D

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    I own both the Walther and the Sig, And have had zero issues with eather. But i also own a Ruger MK2 and if i were to buy today i would look at eather a Ruger, Browning or a GSG 1911.

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    How about a Ruger SR22? Has roughly the ergos of the Walther with better materials.

(Just my thoughts as a current P-22 owner <flawless so far :)>, former Ruger 22/45 owner and occasional Mosquito shooter)

Howe

Howe
    Apr 27, 2010
    exMD
    I have a Q-style P22. Love it.

I do agree during my research of the P22, the slide issue and crack bothers me a lot. P22 slide is made with zinc (I think) its softer and cheaper in comparison to aluminum. The crack/break of slide can happen, primarily due to the inconsistency of the 22 load. Stick with CCI on ammo.

At the end I pick P22 over mosquito. You will be fine as long as you don't expect glock like qualify out of your P22.

I have no regrets on my P22, but sometime I do think about Browning Buckmark......

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn
    Im a Browning fan. They make great hosts for cans. The action is very quiet due to a very light slide and striker assembly.

07g35xnick

Feb 28, 2012
    Mount airy md
    my 2cents... I have an older p22 and its so so def don't like it anymore compared to my new ruger sr22. A friend of mine just got a new p22 and it has the same issues mine has, he has only shot 40rds of cci ammo and its got tons of slide wear already. btw ruger says they sell a threaded barrel for the sr22

Demoneyes86

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2011
    Baltimore
    my 2cents... I have an older p22 and its so so def don't like it anymore compared to my new ruger sr22. A friend of mine just got a new p22 and it has the same issues mine has, he has only shot 40rds of cci ammo and its got tons of slide wear already. btw ruger says they sell a threaded barrel for the sr22

If you don't like your p22 you could sell it to me :D.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    If you already own a P series Sig or a Glock, I suggest a threaded 22lr conversion kit. Lots of fun with a suppressor.
    IMAG0153-1.jpg

ducrider45

Jul 29, 2011
    Severn

If you want to get rid of it, Im looking for one:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom