• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdbayboater

Nubie
    Jul 16, 2011
    Lake Shore, Maryland
    Not sure if this is the correct forum but I wanted to see if anyone else has any insight on this. I was in Utah a few weeks ago and I saw a Mossberg 715t .22 cal with a 10 rd mag for sale. I attmepted to purchase the weapon, which is a cash and carry weapon and MD compliant...but was told that because I was a MD resident that they could not sell it to me. I called the regional manager who informed me that it was not their policy but corporate policy. It was based on a memorandum dated early April that said based on pending state and federal legislation no out of state firearms can be sold to Maryland residents (Md was on of several states banned for sale). I explained that MD gun legislation had already passed and the federal legislation had not passed, so there was no pending legislation that should keep them from selling me a long gun that was MD complaint, of course they refused. I wrote Walmart Corporate HQs and asked why they were still refusing to sell MD compliant weapons out of state and they have never responded to my emails. Anyone else experienced this?

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    They do it out of fear for the legal issues here, I know that you know the law says that gun is legal, but WalMart/Dicks/Whoever is not going to spend money certifying every gun that is or is not MD legal for out of state sales. It's just easier for them to say no to all of them.

dfens42

Publius
    Jun 7, 2012
    Free America-WV Province
    Don't wish that evil on us lol

PS-If you're looking for a 22LR AR-15 style gun, I would recommend the Smith and Wesson M&P 15/22 over the Mossy, check out the Industry Partners section and see if any shops local to you have one in stock, they come in a MD Compliant version.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    First response hit the nail on the head. You live in MD. If you don’t like it move. Other states/companies aren’t going to risk lawsuits so we can own firearms.

mdbayboater

Nubie
    Jul 16, 2011
    Lake Shore, Maryland
    Don't wish that evil on us lol

PS-If you're looking for a 22LR AR-15 style gun, I would recommend the Smith and Wesson M&P 15/22 over the Mossy, check out the Industry Partners section and see if any shops local to you have one in stock, they come in a MD Compliant version.

Guns and Gear store (online) always has them in stock at a great price , but when you add the $40-$50 FFL fee, the price is not so great. Thats why I was happy to find one at Walmart only to be disappointed to discover MD was on the no-sell list. I've already purchased the Sig 522 SWAT, which is nice...just wanted the Moss for the kids, as the Sig is all mine, and no I'm not gonna share it!

Mrhyde

Capitalist-Pig
    May 22, 2010
    Bel Air MD
    I get the same from Gander mountain in Pittsburgh. They basically said that they won't even bother because it's not worth being compliant for how few sales they'll make.

I don't blame them for a second. If I were them I wouldn't bother either.

Sean415

Unrepentant HKholic
    May 28, 2013
    Never knew Walmart sold weapons! Everyone I have been to sold air guns and that's about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom