• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Every WalMart that I've called in the quad state area (WV, PA, VA, and crap hole MD) have said that they put them on clearance LAST week and are sold out. One has a Ruger American in 270...it's not clearance priced. He also told me that PA Wal Mart won't sell to MD residents because they changed their policy. I'm gonna quit contacting anyone, because they all of the sudden change their policy or interpretation. Woulda loved to scored a Ruger in 243 for my wife

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Every WalMart that I've called in the quad state area (WV, PA, VA, and crap hole MD) have said that they put them on clearance LAST week and are sold out. One has a Ruger American in 270...it's not clearance priced. He also told me that PA Wal Mart won't sell to MD residents because they changed their policy. I'm gonna quit contacting anyone, because they all of the sudden change their policy or interpretation. Woulda loved to scored a Ruger in 243 for my wife

As of this morning, Walmart in Dulles Landing (Loudoun County, VA) still has the Ruger American in 30-06 & 243. They also still had 1 Marlin 45-70 left. FYI.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    As of this morning, Walmart in Dulles Landing (Loudoun County, VA) still has the Ruger American in 30-06 & 243. They also still had 1 Marlin 45-70 left. FYI.

Thanks for the heads up. After looking, I'm over 100 miles away. I would end up paying more than buying one at full price locally after gas lol. I was prepared to go to a Walmart in WV who said they had a 243, but they said it wasn't clearance...said it was marked $328. When I asked her to scan it...she told me to hold on and handed the phone over to someone else. She apparently didn't wanna deal with it.
    But then I got a call and had to divert my plans. My 16 year old nephew had surgery to fix his hand that he fractured during football practice. After surgery, his BP and heart rate spiked(BP was 200/160, HR 160). They admitted him to ICU...so I went to be with him. The docs believe that he had a systemic allergic reaction to the anesthesia meds. He was doing better when I left. I'm going on 2hrs of sleep right now lol.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    WV and PA Wal Mart stores won't sell guns to MD residents now? WTH? Two different stores in WV and one in PA told me that.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Thanks for the heads up. After looking, I'm over 100 miles away. I would end up paying more than buying one at full price locally after gas lol. I was prepared to go to a Walmart in WV who said they had a 243, but they said it wasn't clearance...said it was marked $328. When I asked her to scan it...she told me to hold on and handed the phone over to someone else. She apparently didn't wanna deal with it.
    But then I got a call and had to divert my plans. My 16 year old nephew had surgery to fix his hand that he fractured during football practice. After surgery, his BP and heart rate spiked(BP was 200/160, HR 160). They admitted him to ICU...so I went to be with him. The docs believe that he had a systemic allergic reaction to the anesthesia meds. He was doing better when I left. I'm going on 2hrs of sleep right now lol.

Sorry to hear that man. I just thought I would let you know in case you were close enough to hit that store. Best of luck.

Petar

Nov 18, 2010

Just called, they are no Marlin 1895 left...

bbgunn177

Jun 30, 2008
    !st thanks for all the posts. I was at the Fallston Walmart last night. They had a Marlin 45-70 for $589. On a whim I went there this morning and sure enough it was still there and priced at $589. I inquired the price in the system and it came back at $299. The store personnel could not believe the price, a little checking and sure enough the system was right $299. So it has a new home. Now the Ruger American Rifle they have in Fallston is in .270 and priced at $374 not the $199 as others have stated. Maybe 30-06 or 308 is priced differently. Any way I would ask any Walmart what they have in inventory and have them check the system price, you might just get a win. Who knows maybe they will order one for you at the system price.

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    !st thanks for all the posts. I was at the Fallston Walmart last night. They had a Marlin 45-70 for $589. On a whim I went there this morning and sure enough it was still there and priced at $589. I inquired the price in the system and it came back at $299. The store personnel could not believe the price, a little checking and sure enough the system was right $299. So it has a new home. Now the Ruger American Rifle they have in Fallston is in .270 and priced at $374 not the $199 as others have stated. Maybe 30-06 or 308 is priced differently. Any way I would ask any Walmart what they have in inventory and have them check the system price, you might just get a win. Who knows maybe they will order one for you at the system price.

Congratulations!!!!!!

I've been doing some searching for brass, for .45-70, and right now, the best buy (that I can see, from work) is Starline Brass from Midway USA.

For some reason, the places I have looked, don't have Remington, Winchester, or Federal brass available.

Hornady and Starline is what I'm seeing, with Starline being the better buy.

https://www.midwayusa.com/s?targetL...archQueryRemoveAction=&hasFiltersApplied=True

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    Has anyone checked the Prince Frederick store? Looking for the Ruger American in 30-06

Prince frederick does not sell guns any longer. When the store in Dunkirk opened they sent all of the guns there. I have not had a chance to check that store but, if I do get a chance I will post what they have.
    Any thing good at the LExington Park store?

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Prince frederick does not sell guns any longer. When the store in Dunkirk opened they sent all of the guns there. I have not had a chance to check that store but, if I do get a chance I will post what they have.
    Any thing good at the LExington Park store?

Nothing there, see my earlier post about the idiot behind the gun counter.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville

Does this mean that they're not actually marked in the case and I have to get one of the employees to scan it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom