• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    Anyone been to the relatively new pawn shop on 301 in the strip mall with near IHOP? Just curious.

tc617

USN Sub Vet
    Jan 12, 2012
    Yuma, Arizona
    Anyone been to the relatively new pawn shop on 301 in the strip mall with near IHOP? Just curious.

I have known both of the guys , Brett and Drew who own the shop for years. They are brothers, both retired MCPD officers. They ask typical pawn shop prices on their merchandise and are willing to negotiate if you are buying.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Of course typical prices are what you can buy new for. I have wandered in a few times and other than the paintball and archery stuff it would take more negotiating than I am willing to do.

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    I have known both of the guys , Brett and Drew who own the shop for years. They are brothers, both retired MCPD officers. They ask typical pawn shop prices on their merchandise and are willing to negotiate if you are buying.

Did they actually "retire" from MPDC? I heard they resigned /quit and did not retire.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I have been in a few times My wife bought a mini computer for a fair price. the guns are a diffrent story, I think they like them way to much as they are way way to high even with talking them down. they had a few that I was ready to drop the credit card on if they would come down but never did. one was a mossberg shotgun that was well used and they wanted only a few $$ less then full retail. If they would have been resonable I would ahve walked out with ie.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I have been in a few times My wife bought a mini computer for a fair price. the guns are a diffrent story, I think they like them way to much as they are way way to high even with talking them down. they had a few that I was ready to drop the credit card on if they would come down but never did. one was a mossberg shotgun that was well used and they wanted only a few $$ less then full retail. If they would have been resonable I would ahve walked out with ie.

Sounds like every visit to every pawn shop I have visited.

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit

Yeah you're right,not real flexible on gun prices.Seem to be the same guns on the shelf every time I've been in there,wonder why?:innocent0
    I've managed to get a couple guns from them that I was looking for for an ok price not great. I usually stop in just to see what they have,99% of the time I walk out shaking my head.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Pawn shops to me are like yard sales for the rich and ignorant. By the time you pay the PS price you could added $2.00 and bought a new gun with a warranty of some kind.

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    No actually if you know what doing before you walk in you can get some good deals or at least know what you're looking at is worth.

I do some shopping at pawn shops and get some killer deals,and am neither rich or ignorant.

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    No actually if you know what doing before you walk in you can get some good deals or at least know what you're looking at is worth.

I do some shopping at pawn shops and get some killer deals,and am neither rich or ignorant.

I agree, great deals to be found if you know what stuff costs ahead of time and what to look for...

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head

Sorry about that Stoney. I should have been more clear about what I meant. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but, my point was basically what you said. There are good deals to be had if you know what things costs and what you're getting for what you are paying for. The Rich/ignorant comment is related to those poor fools who don't know any better. My apologies.

n&n'sdad

Take'em!!
    Dec 20, 2010
    In the goose pit
    Sorry about that Stoney. I should have been more clear about what I meant. I didn't mean to offend anyone, but, my point was basically what you said. There are good deals to be had if you know what things costs and what you're getting for what you are paying for. The Rich/ignorant comment is related to those poor fools who don't know any better. My apologies.

It's all good. I wasn't lookin' for an apology though. I always say pawn shops aren't for everyone,you either love'em or hate'em,myself I love'em. I've just had good luck with my purchases.

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    It's all good. I wasn't lookin' for an apology though. I always say pawn shops aren't for everyone,you either love'em or hate'em,myself I love'em. I've just had good luck with my purchases.

Just bought a generator and roto-tiller from one. Based on used prices, I saved over $300. Over $1000 going by new prices....

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head

No problem bud. You know me from face-to-face chats and other communications. I had to apologize for not detailing what I meant. It must have sounded like a super-trucker conversation... :D

Another way I view pawn shops is sort of like, how much does old used one cost compared to a new one for a few dollars more. I've been in that pawn shop there in white plains a few times and them guys are basically trying to sell tin foil at gold prices from what I experienced. Their music equipment prices are really ridiculous.

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    No problem bud. You know me from face-to-face chats and other communications. I had to apologize for not detailing what I meant. It must have sounded like a super-trucker conversation... :D

Another way I view pawn shops is sort of like, how much does old used one cost compared to a new one for a few dollars more. I've been in that pawn shop there in white plains a few times and them guys are basically trying to sell tin foil at gold prices from what I experienced. Their music equipment prices are really ridiculous.

Remember--Asking prices are always negotiable.... If I had a 25 yr old Yugo and put $10k in the window and you bought it, great for me. But I know most likely I won't get that for it, selling price is what matters not asking price........

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Remember--Asking prices are always negotiable.... If I had a 25 yr old Yugo and put $10k in the window and you bought it, great for me. But I know most likely I won't get that for it, selling price is what matters not asking price........

LOL yeah I tried that with a few things. I thought I'd treat the place like a yard sale and see if I could get a better deal on a few items. The two gents behind counter firmly made me aware that the tag price is the selling price. I walked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom