• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rolfedav

Jan 16, 2013
    I have been waiting for over three weeks for MD State Police paperwork on two guns shipped to my local FFL. He is telling me that the SP is overwelmed with paperwork and is asking people to be patient. We know that he can go ahead and give to me but other dealers he knows are telling him not to do it in case there is a problem with me. I am prior military, registered collector, and have purchased multiple firearms thru this dealer. Are others having the same problem, and is there something we can do?????

Jstevens56

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2012
    Somewhere in Merryland
    I have been waiting for over three weeks for MD State Police paperwork on two guns shipped to my local FFL. He is telling me that the SP is overwelmed with paperwork and is asking people to be patient. We know that he can go ahead and give to me but other dealers he knows are telling him not to do it in case there is a problem with me. I am prior military, registered collector, and have purchased multiple firearms thru this dealer. Are others having the same problem, and is there something we can do?????

Most dealers do not transfer until they hear back from MSP, this is to cover themselves. Just be patient, everyone is waiting a 3 week minimum right now, I just did some paperwork today so I'm now playing the waiting game as well.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I was told today by a dealer that they were running 30-35 days.
    I'm halfway there :D

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Same problem here. You are not alone. But besides complaining to lawmakers in Annapolis that the MSP behavior is not lawful there's not much you can do. And we all know how much the lawmakers are concerned about guns.

From an FFL's perspective, he's not particularly worried about you being Not Disapproved. My guy knows me quite well. The problem as I understand it is that he can't log the gun out and give it to you until the MSP does the NICs check and he receives a confirmation number. I'm sure one of our FFLs will clarify.

An INDIVIDUAL can release a firearm after 7 days without getting an MSP response, but most FFLs will not.

jvegas

Ultimate Member
    Aug 15, 2009
    FFLs CANNOT release without a NTN. Only MSP can generate a NTN for a dealer on regulated guns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom