• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benzman

Aug 1, 2010
    Hi folks, I am waiting on my C and R and hope it will be here next week, however I have heard it could take longer. I have been searching to buy a Walther P1 but am always a day late and a dollar short. Where is a good place to look for one in decent shape? I checked SOG, Aim Surplus, J and G etc with no luck. Any other good places to go to check? Anyone here want to sell one? Thanks for all the advice. Wayne.:)

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I too am looking for a P-38 or a P-1, and it look slike we're too late to get one from the major retailers. Looks like gunbroker is going to be out best bet.

There's already several threads started on this topic if you look around. BTW, the thread title is a little misleading...

Benzman

Aug 1, 2010
    Wasn't intended to be misleading! Why are a lot of the folks on here so critical of the forums. I have a Masters Degree in educatrion and could pick apart mthr grammer on here but I do not. Why can't we just enjoy the hobby and get give and take information? Some times it is frustrating seeing all of this pickiness going on.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I used to be a moderator of a forum and I know what a bitch it is trying to keep thing organized on a message board that was a fraction of the size of this site. When people don't use the search function it makes for unnecessary dupe threads and makes the forum harder to read.

If you really want to blow your mind, think about this; if you post a dupe thread you get flamed, but if you open a thread that's been dead for awhile, you get flamed :)

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    Oh, and good luck on your C&R. I got mine right when everyone was scrambling to get one in 2009 and it took months to get mine. Yours should come a lot sooner :thumbsup:

And don't take things personally on an online forum. Getting worked up over somethign someone says online isn't worth it.

Benzman

Aug 1, 2010
    Thanks Hole Punch, I had just been seeing folks berated over nothing and wondered about it. Still want a P-1. So you think gun broker is the way to go? Thanks, Wayne.

JasonN3ZBO

Sep 7, 2010
    Lovettsville, VA
    Good luck with your C&R license! I got mine earlier this year and it took the ATF four long weeks to get mine to me. I broke mine in with a Yugo SKS and I too am looking for a P1 or P38.

km04

Get crackin you muggs!!!!
    Jul 12, 2010
    Harford Co.
    welcome to the forum. gun broker is a good place to start. there are many, and you will be amazed by the wealth of knowledge here. don't let some of the comments get to you. you have a family at home and we are your new online family, complete with cousins that get on your nerves. what can you do, they're family...:D just take it with a grain of salt( i prefer a shot of scotch, but that's another story), separate the wheat from the chaff and make the best decision possible from the available information.

just remember, you can pick your friends and you can pick your nose but you can't pick your friends noses.:lol2:

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    Wayne,
    When did you apply for your C&R? I too am waiting on mine. The ATF processed payment a couple of weeks ago so I am sitting here waiting on pins and needles. ( is that redundant? Pins and Needles. Aren't they the same? Thought I'd ask since you are an Educatrion Master. :D )
    WINK WINK NUDGE NUDGE :)

miben

Sep 29, 2007
    NC formerly Eldersburg MD
    good luck with your C&R

I have had my C&R for almost 15 years. I was caught off guard with the P1's and bought a P38 from Sog the month before. I think they still have them, but they are russian captures and not matching. It shoots fine but I would only use target loads in it. I think it looks cool too, and a non-shooting friend thought it looked new. I think there are p1's socked away somewhere and they will come to market in the future. This has happened before.

Benzman

Aug 1, 2010
    Thanks for the info, I called and they have them and I ordered one. Real nice lady helped me on the phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom