• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldmarylander

Jun 25, 2013
    Honestly, if you are an 4/10 you need to contact the MSP, Mrs. Brock in particular about your background checks and not post inflammatory threads on this forum about waiting so long. At this point you are the reason your situation is so bad.

My problem isn't with the MSP, I really don't care how long it takes them, it is with pro gun control dealers. It is the dealers who claimed that it was "the law" that they had to wait for the ND from the MSP, and now we know that was total bull. It is the dealers policy to support the O'Malley agenda and try to limit the supply of firearms to the public.

I suppose, if you consider that I believed a dealer, someone in the firearms business, who lied about the law, then yes, I am the reason. How stupid of me to think that dealers wouldn't lie to me about the laws governing how they do business.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    If I just forget about the two sitting collecting dust.... It might be a Christmas bonus when I get a call.... by then I might be happy to hear that I have two more guns. I just hope I don't buy the same gun and get it in my hands before that happens..

We now know that the HQL will be REQUIRED to pick up any handgun as of 10/1, including any that are in limbo right now.

I would hope that you might look into pressuring your dealer further (especially consider that BATFE is telling dealers directly it's OK). If they still say 'no', you could consider looking into transferring to another FFL.

Mr H

My problem isn't with the MSP, I really don't care how long it takes them, it is with pro gun control dealers. It is the dealers who claimed that it was "the law" that they had to wait for the ND from the MSP, and now we know that was total bull. It is the dealers policy to support the O'Malley agenda and try to limit the supply of firearms to the public.

I suppose, if you consider that I believed a dealer, someone in the firearms business, who lied about the law, then yes, I am the reason. How stupid of me to think that dealers wouldn't lie to me about the laws governing how they do business.

MSP is following [what we believe to be specific] orders [to delay].

The dealers who are still not releasing aren't pro gun control (makes no sense to me that they could be)... they are being browbeaten by the state, plain and simple. From what I've read the past couple days, Continental seems to be the worst of the bunch.

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011

No, MSP and those in charge of them ARE the problem.

Mr H

While I understand the OP's reluctance to 'out' the dealer, since they are refusing to release I say 'protect the field' and name them so that no one gets trapped there with very little time left before 10/1.

Before someone calls me a hypocrite (since I didn't call out my FFL for not following some sort of backlog order), the FFL I used IS releasing... they just have a funny way about it. I do reserve the right to spill the beans if their "say the secret word" policy keeps someone stuck under the 10/1 rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom