• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldmarylander

Jun 25, 2013
    Has anyone else joined the 120+ day club yet? That is almost 4 months.

My wife and I purchased two regulated firearms each on April 10, 2013. Over $4,000 in cash paid to a local dealer who refuses to let us take possession of our property. This dealer has offered to let us 'return' the merchandise, with a 50% restocking fee. I should have used a credit card and filed a dispute, obviously, I didn't get what I paid for.

On April 10, it seems that most dealers had the same policy, many stating that the law said that they had to wait for the background checks to come back before they could release the firearms. I think we were quoted 30 days at the time. Of course, all that talk about "the law" we know is BS, some dealers just support the gun control culture of our state.

We've each made another purchase at a dealer that releases on the 8th day. I sure wish we would have spent our four grand with them in the first place.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I'm nearing 100 days now. It sucks waiting for MOM's minions to send down their orders to grant you the privilege to take possession of property you legally have a right to, doesn't it?

Oldmarylander

Jun 25, 2013
    Good idea. That's what we need, a hall of shame.

The admins have threatened to ban me once for "personal insults", so, I'll keep it general. I know that the dealer visits this board, and while they could probably put two and two together and figure out who I am, I'd rather not escalate with them personally. I'll say, that the store releases to their good old boy network that meets their specific criteria. My Virginia CHP wasn't one of them.

scottp999

Feb 11, 2008
    I'm at 100 and the wife at 104 today. Gunrunners in Frederick. We bought both off gunbroker and transferred, so the money has been gone for a long time with nothing to show for it. This is the new normal....:(

Whitty Whit

Mar 20, 2013
    The admins have threatened to ban me once for "personal insults", so, I'll keep it general. I know that the dealer visits this board, and while they could probably put two and two together and figure out who I am, I'd rather not escalate with them personally. I'll say, that the store releases to their good old boy network that meets their specific criteria. My Virginia CHP wasn't one of them.

Thats crazy. I thought pretty much everybody was doing some type of release policy. Thing is, even if you got the gun and did something wrong, it's MSP problem. The recent article talking about how 30 people got a gun and shouldn't have said they (MSP) got all the guns back.

w2kbr

MSI EM, NRA LM, SAF, AAFG
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 13, 2009
    Severn 21144
    well..hindsight is always 20/20.
    1. did you ask abt his release policy? Restock fee if the paper failed?
    2. Would a small deposit have held the merchandise, waiting for paper to clear?
    If the answers are NO..should have gone to a different and known FFL..
    Simply too many good FFLS to mess with a dealer like that......

Sorry you have to deal with that kind of Dealer

R

By the way, is the FFL one of those listed in the IP forum? Yes/No

At 4K, that may fit Small Claims Court (where's a Lawyer when you need one)..
    50% restocking fee is BS, since the pieces never left his establishment..

That really sounds like a ripoff to me.......

R

Tommy803

Jul 12, 2013
    Monrovia
    If I just forget about the two sitting collecting dust.... It might be a Christmas bonus when I get a call.... by then I might be happy to hear that I have two more guns. I just hope I don't buy the same gun and get it in my hands before that happens..

tvenuto

Aug 2, 2013
    I'm around 60 days myself, however my dealer just released info that they'll do an on-time transfer under a few conditions (bluefins). I submitted my DC letter around the same time, so in a strange twist of fate, the DC letter will get here first and allow me to pick up my firearm. Glad they decided to change the policy, they're good folks and I hope to throw a few more their way as soon as that blasted DC letter gets here!

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    My 4/12 came thru on 7/30 , so even if you were on second review , or your papers ended up at the bottom of the stack for the FAX machine , you should be any day now. Too late at this point to be time effective to go to Plan B or Plan C .

But as to the other above inquiry , *most* FFLs that will do an early release , will have their own requirements. Typical factors are prior purchases generally , prior purchases from that dealer specifically , Designated Collector , C&R FFL , Md Handgun Permit , LE or MIL occupation , etc. Some are more stringent , some require multiple from list.

Yes , it is unfairly biased in favor of repeat frequent customers. But without access to NICS or equiv , many dealers want so form of assurance that they won't end up on the front page of the Post and the Sun .

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Well, I made the mistake of having some receivers sent to 2 different FFL's. 2 to my normal FFL, and 1 to my older FFL. Thinking I would keep up some contact with him, as I do not go there very often anymore. Both had stated 8 day release's, but my old one, changed up after the second MSP letter/email. Now, the other 2 have come home after the 8 days, and the one, well, that was APRIL 29th and still counting!!! :-(

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    TO oldmarylander

But a 50% restocking fee, well, that is just ridiculous for one, and I'm not sure it is even legal since you have NOT taken possession of them. How is he going to restock them, they are ALREADY STOCKED NOW :-)

But at this point, it should be pretty darn soon for you. That would just leave a bad taste though being told that. BUT, once you get it, best to let it go and move on. And obviously, never use THAT GUY again!! :-)

Oldmarylander

Jun 25, 2013
    No call today :( I do expect any day now. Another conversation suggested that 4 firearms for the same address might raise a red flag.

Keep in mind, back in April it was still common for all FFLs to wait for the ND. And this FFL warned me of a 60 day wait, telling me that it was the law, so, well, other dealers would have to follow the law as well, right? Now I know that was BS, part of a gun control agenda that most dealers went along with for the most part because they didn't want to piss off the state. Since many are going to go out of business anyway, some switched to the tactic of satisfying their customers above satisfying O'Malley.

No, they are not an IP, but I've seen, at least an employee I know of, post on the forum.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, we've all seen the stacks of gun boxes and pistol cases at area FFLs, think of all the people who don't get on the internet and B1tch about it.

Under normal circumstances, I can understand a 50% restocking fee. In my area, well, there are a lot of prohibited people who try to buy guns, they told me that it was a deterrent for those guys! They require a 50% deposit. In hindsight, I shouldn't have given them a penny more, but then again, with hindsight, I would have bought from someone else.

Who knows when I'll get the DC, probably after October 1 at this point.

OMA

Ranchero50

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2012
    Hagerstown MD
    Honestly, if you are an 4/10 you need to contact the MSP, Mrs. Brock in particular about your background checks and not post inflammatory threads on this forum about waiting so long. At this point you are the reason your situation is so bad.

Oldmarylander

Jun 25, 2013
    126 Days

We got our calls on two different days. Mine on Monday, my wife's on Tuesday. WTF? Will be picking up tonight. That is 126 days. From purchase to pickup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom