• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scorpioj

Feb 27, 2017
    US of A
    I currently have a conceal carry for my business that is about to come up for renewal. Does the new law not requiring "substantial reason" apply to renewals? and furthermore businesses? The renewal form still asks for documentation other than your business license ,i.e bank statements or deposit slips, which seems to indicate a "substantial reason." I was told in the past that they are looking for cash deposits of a certain amount to justify your reason to carry. Does this apply?

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    No, you no longer need to document your business info. Most of us attached the Bruen decision, but I don't think you have to attach anything at all anymore for your reason, just put 'self defense' in the blank.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    I currently have a conceal carry for my business that is about to come up for renewal. Does the new law not requiring "substantial reason" apply to renewals? and furthermore businesses? The renewal form still asks for documentation other than your business license ,i.e bank statements or deposit slips, which seems to indicate a "substantial reason." I was told in the past that they are looking for cash deposits of a certain amount to justify your reason to carry. Does this apply?
    The attached bulletin describes current policy. You would click "RENEWAL" and pay $50, no fingerprints required.

...applicants submitting a Wear and Carry Permit application are directed to select “Personal Protection / Category Not Listed Above” as their “Handgun Permit Category”.

Applicants are not required to attach documents to the “PERSONAL PROTECTION DOCUMENTATION” section on the “Upload Documents” page of the Wear and Carry Permit application.

Attachments

• LD-HPU-22-002 Suspension of G&S.pdf
      134.4 KB · Views: 64

Scorpioj

Feb 27, 2017
    US of A
    The attached bulletin describes current policy. You would click "RENEWAL" and pay $50, no fingerprints required.

...applicants submitting a Wear and Carry Permit application are directed to select “Personal Protection / Category Not Listed Above” as their “Handgun Permit Category”.

Applicants are not required to attach documents to the “PERSONAL PROTECTION DOCUMENTATION” section on the “Upload Documents” page of the Wear and Carry Permit application.
    Ok But I Don't see “Personal Protection / Category Not Listed Above" in the selections for the business.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    Don’t list “ Business” ever again. Your only reason for carrying a handgun is for personal protection.

Governor’s Order.

Scorpioj

Feb 27, 2017
    US of A
    And
    Ok don't understand the answer so maybe my question didn't come through clearly so here's it is exactly. I currently already have a conceal carry for my business. That particular permit is up for renewal and when I go through the renewal screens the application still calls for business documentation. I do not see the selection for “Personal Protection / Category Not Listed Above". So do i just submit without the documentatiion the app is requiring and try to put Personal protection in a comment field or something OR do I need to reapply for a brand new permit as an individual. My goal to do a renewal so I don't have to take a full class again.

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    I called the MDSP the other day and talked with someone in the carry department of the licensing division. Took a couple minutes and they couldn’t have been more pleasant.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    And

Ok don't understand the answer so maybe my question didn't come through clearly so here's it is exactly. I currently already have a conceal carry for my business. That particular permit is up for renewal and when I go through the renewal screens the application still calls for business documentation. I do not see the selection for “Personal Protection / Category Not Listed Above". So do i just submit without the documentatiion the app is requiring and try to put Personal protection in a comment field or something OR do I need to reapply for a brand new permit as an individual. My goal to do a renewal so I don't have to take a full class again.
    The answer was straight forward, you asked if you had to go through training as a new W&C permit. The answer is NO.

When you fill out your renewal, you no longer do it as a business owner, you do it as personal protection. Under personal protection, absolutely NO documentation is needed.

Scorpioj

Feb 27, 2017
    US of A
    The answer was straight forward, you asked if you had to go through training as a new W&C permit. The answer is NO.

When you fill out your renewal, you no longer do it as a business owner, you do it as personal protection. Under personal protection, absolutely NO documentation is needed.
    understood. Thanks!

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    my original permit was as business owner. Just did my first renewal for “personal protection”. Was “approved” yesterday

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom