• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    After marrying a round American woman?
    Only if a couple of her attributes are round if you know what I mean...

I did look for a job up in Alaska awhile back. Sadly, never heard back. It would have only meant joining the Alaska Air National Guard. I mean, I was 12 months from the maximum age, but I guess they were ageist...

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I asked my neighbor of 17 years to be a reference, theysaid sure no problem. I did a md judiciary case search on them. Let's just say they were not of good character to get a reference from. If MSP had checked them out i probably would not have gotten a permit.

Might be a good idea to check out your references.

Nobody

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    LMAO Dooooo it!
    There's actually a kernel of a good idea in there. The application will get rejected if the Justices' names are used because MSP would question if they actually knew you. But what if an applicant used the names of some of Thomas' and Alito's clerks? Or Paul Clement? They may actually get called by MSP, and that would be a fun sh*tstorm to watch.

Trumpet

SCSC/NRA life member. MSI member
    Oct 29, 2005
    There's actually a kernel of a good idea in there. The application will get rejected if the Justices' names are used because MSP would question if they actually knew you. But what if an applicant used the names of some of Thomas' and Alito's clerks? Or Paul Clement? They may actually get called by MSP, and that would be a fun sh*tstorm to watch.

That would be awesome

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    I've been a reference. It is not that big of a deal unless there are specific questions about the subject of investigation regarding past issues or employment. One guy they had some questions about his on job conduct (carried a gun) but never more than a twenty minute conversation.

The actual subject gets the long conversation with the msp.

Well, that's a concern too. I mean if it's "are they a good employee/citizen/etc?" I should be fine. But if MSP is all like "Do you think Trumpet is good to go with a CCW?", I'm sure they'd say "noooooooo! Guns are scary and stuff"

Last edited:

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Well, that's a concern too. I mean if it's "are they a good employee/citizen/etc?" I should be fine. But if MSP is all like "Do you Trumpet is good to go with a CCW?", I'm sure they'd say "noooooooo! Guns are scary and stuff"
    It’s going to happen. The lawsuit will be interesting.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    It’s going to happen. The lawsuit will be interesting.
    I know that as part of a Federal security clearance background investigation, a denied applicant can request/receive reference interview/survey records.

I imagine that MD doesn't provide any of this short of a lawsuit, but they are going to have to start doing so if they use it as justification to deny people their rights.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I know that as part of a Federal security clearance background investigation, a denied applicant can request/receive reference interview/survey records.

I imagine that MD doesn't provide any of this short of a lawsuit, but they are going to have to start doing so if they use it as justification to deny people their rights.
    You have to be adjudicated to be a felon or mental defective to be deprived of 2A Rights. This will survive THT. Nothing short of that will do. Carry is now a core right.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    You have to be adjudicated to be a felon or mental defective to be deprived of 2A Rights. This will survive THT. Nothing short of that will do. Carry is now a core right.

So going by that, unless I'm a felon (which I'm not) it doesn't matter what my supervisor says then? If so, that's good but I still don't like the idea of them even knowing...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    So going by that, unless I'm a felon (which I'm not) it doesn't matter what my supervisor says then? If so, that's good but I still don't like the idea of them even knowing...
    Why would it matter? Just a word from your supervisor can suspend your practice of a civil right? No. That’s not how this works.

Trumpet

Oct 29, 2005
    Oh, I get that. I don't like the idea of my super even knowing because....

A. It's none of their damn business
    2. It's probably the MOST rabidly anti-2A profession out there...

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Oh, I get that. I don't like the idea of my super even knowing because....

A. It's none of their damn business
    2. It's probably the MOST rabidly anti-2A profession out there...
    The lefties are all high on privacy for abortion, which isn’t anywhere in the Constitution. Wait until they see privacy issues for an enumerated right.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA

Kinetic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013
    I'm getting ready to submit my information for a permit but something is bugging me.
    On page 28 of the instructions at the MSP W&C licensing form they want the reference's phone number, E-mail address, mailing address, employer and employer's phone number.

Is this for real? I thought they only required phone# and E-mail address for references. I don't want to piss off my hard won references by asking for the additional info. Am I misreading this?

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I'm getting ready to submit my information for a permit but something is bugging me.
    On page 28 of the instructions at the MSP W&C licensing form they want the reference's phone number, E-mail address, mailing address, employer and employer's phone number.

Is this for real? I thought they only required phone# and E-mail address for references. I don't want to piss off my hard won references by asking for the additional info. Am I misreading this?
    I didn’t enter email or employer #

buddy357

Apr 6, 2015

This is my concern as well. I have folks willing to be references. They aren’t willing to give employer and employers phone. That’s making it sound like your references have to have references who can be contacted and that is a bridge too far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom