• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I've come across one of these, without the scope or rings, on GB right now. He's looking for $320 for it. He says he bought it from an Estate auction and it shoots great. The stock is a little beat, but not to bad, and it has a bunch of Nazi eagles on it. What do you guys now about these rifles?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I would really be careful. It may be worth $320 cause it already has holes in it but when I researched for my Mauser, I saw lots of talk of faked stamps going on. Cleaned up Mitchel Mausers etc.

Good Luck

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Hmm, is it a fair deal at that price if it's not sniper? If it isn't over-priced, I would be willing to role the dice on it.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    If it seems too good to be true it probably is. If its the auction I was just looking at on GB i'd be more inclined to get some better quality pictures before I spend anything

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I did ask for extra pics, which he sent. They are still a little fuzzy though. I've asked for some clearer ones. I'm happy to forward them to anyone if you PM me your email.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    It's on GB right now. I didn't want to grabs his pics and post them here. It's the only one on there.

I did a search of various places for scopes and saw these two on eBay:

Scope One

Scope Two

Scope Two looks like it would fit, but not sure of the correctness of it.

I think I'm going to get it and if I get burned, at least it's not to much. :)

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    It's on GB right now. I didn't want to grabs his pics and post them here. It's the only one on there.

I did a search of various places for scopes and saw these two on eBay:

Scope One

Scope Two

Scope Two looks like it would fit, but not sure of the correctness of it.

I think I'm going to get it and if I get burned, at least it's not to much. :)

look again at the base, I don't think those mounts match up. If I were you I wouldn't use the buy it now, i seriously doubt anyone is going to bid it up to 320. If someone wants a Mauser they want a K98, and most people don't even want them anymore (unless matching, collectable) b/c surplus ammo is gone.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    It looks that way. So I assume the guy I'm buying from got it off GB last month, and he made a few bucks. I'm cool with that. Especially if it's real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom