• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    Okay long story short. I am a registered voter but haven't voted yet. I have not really followed anything with politics. I would like to become an active for because I believe if you don't try to put someone in office that believes what you believe you have no right to complain about the laws, taxes, etc. so can you guys give me a run down on who's running and what they believe in/what gun laws they support or oppose? Any and all information will be appreciated.

Thanks
    James

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Don't worry, the primary isn't until April. :) You can do early voting now though.

Unfortunately, in Maryland, your options are pretty limited.

If gun politics are your main issue, your going to have to go very long and hard to find a pro-gun democrat in this state. We don't have the blue dog democrats like Appalachia has.

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    gprimr1 said:
    Don't worry, the primary isn't until April. :) You can do early voting now though.

Unfortunately, in Maryland, your options are pretty limited.

If gun politics are your main issue

Guns aren't the main factor, but I am looking more I guess at what each persons goal is if they are elected. However their view on 2A will be a factor.

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    And like I've said I've never voted before, so any and all advice would be appreciated. Like where to find info about each person and whatnot.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Understandable; it's a huge, huge question though.

MSI is a single issue organization, so we only endorse based on 2A stances not anything else.

I would start by goggling the candidates really.

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    gprimr1 said:
    Understandable; it's a huge, huge question though.

MSI is a single issue organization, so we only endorse based on 2A stances not anything else.

Who should I look into for 2A issues?

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    GNLaFrance said:
    As for where to get more information about the RKBA, click on all those links in my sig block.

Okay thanks il have to check your sig later it doesn't show up on the app I'm using

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I have not voted since i was 18. I am starting to look at politics a little different now. My biggest thing when it comes to voting is trying to figure out who is lying the least???? Thats always the tough part. They all say "no new taxes" then thats the first thing they do. I am not good at reading lier's.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    PLEASE vote. You can educate yourself by reading, listening and watching a variety of media.

Yes, 2A is important. So is tax policy, foreign policy and the number of trash pickups.
    My 17-year-old daughter recently worked a day at a conference in DC. She got her pay statement and asked why she haf to pay Social Security and Medicare. Next year, she gets to vote.

League of Women Washington County Guide is at:
    http://lwvmd.org/n/sites/default/files/2012VP_washington.pdf

(They have an agenda, but they are respected.)

Other county guides are at:
    http://lwvmd.org/n/vote3/vg

JRMills

Feb 20, 2012
    USA
    hodgepodge said:
    PLEASE vote. You can educate yourself by reading, listening and watching a variety of media.

Yes, 2A is important. So is tax policy, foreign policy and the number of trash pickups.
    My 17-year-old daughter recently worked a day at a conference in DC. She got her pay statement and asked why she haf to pay Social Security and Medicare. Next year, she gets to vote.

League of Women Washington County Guide is at:
    http://lwvmd.org/n/sites/default/files/2012VP_washington.pdf

(They have an agenda, but they are respected.)

Other county guides are at:
    http://lwvmd.org/n/vote3/vg

Thank you and everyone for your help. I will educate myself further.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County

Google?

You know, that just stuck a nerve. Seems to me that if you can't vote, you shouldn't be taxed...since you can't vote on the representation. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom