• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Hmm, clearly people took some offense.

You also forgot a group: people who like arts, culture, fine dining and guns. Yes we do exist!

Sorry, moving to some small town or suburb in PA, DE, or NOVA leaves me cold. I am not really sure what I would do in a place where I had to drive everywhere and Olive Garden was considered a fancy restaurant.

Ideologically, I have a real problem with turning arable farmland into 40 acres of horrid subdivision. It's actually an issue of national strategic importance which we will not realize for another 30 years when the global population hits near 10 billion.

I already hate the traffic on I95/295. I am really not interested in joining the mindless ranks of commuters travelling from PA, WV, DE to their job here in MD or worse DC. The worst is the Prius sporting the PA plates and Obama sticker travelling south on 295 headed to DC in the morning. I would actually support a stiff commuter tax for out of state residents just to get them off the highway. And how hard would it be to put a toll plaza on I83 at the PA line like the one they have in DE as you come out of Wilmington?

Anyway, I am "here" now, and here is where I will fight. It seems that a lot of people have simply lost the traditional American spirit of resistance and instead decided to run away.

Now, where were we? Oh yeah, how to retain our rights here in MD!

You really think "Bloodymore" is the heart of arts, culture and food?

You MIGHT want to broaden your horizons a bit.

There are LOTS of places in the US not to mention the east coast that put Baltimore to shame on all counts AND don't perpetually rank at the bottom of the list of personal/economic freedom.

As to the rest of the points you try to make.....well they're just not particularly relevent or valid.

Its your choice to continue to willingly contribute to a state where there's a greater than 25 point gap between Dems/GOP and has been for many many decades.

Alternatively you could choose a state where there's a 1-5 point gap where your vote will actually count.

Fallschirmjaager

Consumer Whore
    Aug 16, 2009
    Airstrip One/MoCo
    No (overt) offense intended folks but the "Dino Movement" isn't going to accomplish anything.... If you actually want your vote to count for something then move to a State that is not dark blue....
    If you really want to make a difference then move....

1: Eff them, it's my state. They can leave.

2: Wrecking primaries really can make a big difference, especially on a state level. Your vote doesn't count in MD when it comes to what the Gov and the legislature want to do, but you can still upset things a lot in the primaries and there's very little they can do to cover themselves for it. You would be seriously surprised at how few people in MD vote in primary elections.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    2: Wrecking primaries really can make a big difference, especially on a state level. Your vote doesn't count in MD when it comes to what the Gov and the legislature want to do, but you can still upset things a lot in the primaries and there's very little they can do to cover themselves for it. You would be seriously surprised at how few people in MD vote in primary elections.

Actually its THEIR state.....be a good little subject and pay your taxes on time or they will fine the piss out of you to fund the welfare state

Wrecking primaries takes a lot more than you think.

Let us know when the DINO movement comes close to pushing HALF the numbers of Dead that the Dems get to rise from the dead every two years then we'll have something to talk about

In the meantime take a gander at the spread between turnout for the Dems and the Reps.

http://www.elections.state.md.us/elections/2012/results/primary/gen_results_2012_3_007-.html

You would be hard pressed to impact most any election even if you were to get every single registered republican to RE-register as a Dem (Dino).

On the other hand it would only take a small number of people to move to a battle ground state that is facing a 1-3 pt difference to change the outcome of elections.

The notion of a DINO movement impacting elections is fantasy.......there just aren't enough people to impact elections.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    You really think "Bloodymore" is the heart of arts, culture and food?

You MIGHT want to broaden your horizons a bit.

Well, I have also lived in DC and NYC so I am pretty sure I know a good scene when I see one. However, I do hear the Arby's in York PA is pretty fancy. You know the one across from the tattoo shop owned by the Nazi bikers (seriously, I actually know those guys). There is also so much outlet shopping! And what would life be without vapid consumerism?

Personally, MD has a lot to offer ME. I can 'head down to the shore, hon' in the summer, go snowboarding in the winter in the western mountains, or go downtown for all of the other entertainment the city has to offer. Different strokes and all that. If people don't like MD or Baltimore, fine, then don't come here. Seriously stay the F out of the state and the F out of the city. But the line of cars travelling into the city/state every morning and out every evening is truly annoying. If this place is so awful then try to find something to do closer to where you live PLEASE!

Never the less, if I understand your core point, you a advocating leaving the state as soon as your finances will allow and doing nothing politically in the meantime. Is that what I am hearing? Do pray tell, where exactly is this better place we should all be moving to? Seriously, I want to know.

PeePeeMcGee

Jun 24, 2013
    NOVA
    jpk1md is right. Its sad but true. Im a life long Marylander and I realize that my vote doesnt count in Maryland and never will. The gentrification of Washington, DC has destroyed this state--it is VERY VERY evident in Southern Maryland. The truth is Montgomery County, Prince Georges County and Baltimore City control the State.

Maryland is the new New Jersey. Its sad but true. Y'all keep fighting though.... I respect it. Who knows, maybe they wont raise the rain tax next year...

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Actually its THEIR state...

Our state... Their state? One thing you have made perfectly clear is that it is NOT YOUR STATE!!! So pissing in everyone's Wheaties here and shitting in everyone's Fruit Loops here that chooses to stay on and fight does exactly WHAT for YOU??? YOU have no dog in this fight. Yet you sit there in front of your keyboard... The Great Demoralizer. You brow beat those on here that choose to try to do what you ran away from. You must feel real proud of your self. You are out of the fray. Wooo hooo... lucky you ... We are happy for you that you live in America. Now would you stop rubbing other folks noses in your shit. If you can't say something nice, do as Norton's sig line says and leave. At the very least stop f'ing with the members who are trying to do what you couldn't.

jpk1md is right. Its sad but true. Im a life long Marylander and I realize that my vote doesnt count in Maryland and never will. The gentrification of Washington, DC has destroyed this state--it is VERY VERY evident in Southern Maryland. The truth is Montgomery County, Prince Georges County and Baltimore City control the State.

Maryland is the new New Jersey. Its sad but true. Y'all keep fighting though.... I respect it. Who knows, maybe they wont raise the rain tax next year...

WTF MAN? Like he really needed your help to kick sand in the faces of the others WHO LIVE HERE? Give these folks a break, give them something positive to think about.

There's nothing like folks who take pleasure in pouring water into a sinking boat while the folks IN that boat are baling water as fast and hard as they can to try to save it until they can get to shore. :mad54:

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    I was born and raised in Maryland. Ive lived in Maryland my whole life. I may be young but Im not dumb--this state is beyond repair. I respect those that still want to fight but its useless. Luckily Im just renting an apartment at the moment. I will most certainly buy a house in Virginia within the next 2 years and settle down in a free state. Unfortunately, it will only be a matter of time before VA turns dark blue too because of all of the Yankees and Guidos from New York/ New Jersey who come to The DC area to take our jobs.

Im voting against every incumbent.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I sat there in the upper chamber with the number 2014 stuck to my chest. Everyone knows what that meant. I'm going to keep that promise.

I changed my registration from 'leave me the hell alone' to democrat in the hope that if enough of the thousands of people that joined me that day, we might vote a few of these bums out in the primary.

I joined my district Liberty Tree group, we've already had a few meetings; dispite the odds, and naysayers, my commitment has never been stronger.

Only a fraction of voters turn out in the primaries. As a registered dem, I can vote in 'our' primary; best opportunity to make a difference. Besides, my representatives are much more interested in what I have to say with this little (D) after my name.

The only way to certainly lose is to not try. See you in the primaries!

http://elections.state.md.us/voting/primary.html

dtmeyers

Jun 22, 2013
    I am new here but...

If every time a detrimental firearm law is passed and people move away soon there will be no places to move too. 15 years ago if you said Colorado would pass gun control laws I'd say you were crazy. The laws passed and even though 2 legislators were voted out the law is still on the books.

McAullife is leading in VA - he has a grade F from the NRA. If VA falls and enacts some gun control laws, will everyone move to NC? PA has some great laws but it is almost completely dominated vote-wise by Philly and Pittsburgh. Delaware is nice and rural in the South but, again, has most of population in New Castle County. If in 10 years PA or DE might pass some gun control laws - where are people supposed to move then?

If this happens again and again soon there will only be a few free Mountain and Plain States + Texas - at which point there would be enough votes in Congress so the Antis could pass a new Federal Law.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    My significant other would essentially kill me if I left MD, hell; she is upset with me trying to convince her to move out of the city. So no, I will not be moving out anytime soon. Looks like DINO is the only option for me.

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I am new here but...

If every time a detrimental firearm law is passed and people move away soon there will be no places to move too. 15 years ago if you said Colorado would pass gun control laws I'd say you were crazy. The laws passed and even though 2 legislators were voted out the law is still on the books.

McAullife is leading in VA - he has a grade F from the NRA. If VA falls and enacts some gun control laws, will everyone move to NC? PA has some great laws but it is almost completely dominated vote-wise by Philly and Pittsburgh. Delaware is nice and rural in the South but, again, has most of population in New Castle County. If in 10 years PA or DE might pass some gun control laws - where are people supposed to move then?

If this happens again and again soon there will only be a few free Mountain and Plain States + Texas - at which point there would be enough votes in Congress so the Antis could pass a new Federal Law.
    I moved to VA for many reasons, including the gun laws. VA's gun laws are becoming even more gun owner friendly, not the other way around.

This year alone: 1) safeguard list of concealed carry permit holders from becoming public, 2) allow armed security officers at private and religious schools as well as day care, 3) protection against stricter straw purchase laws by exempting parent purchases of firearms for use by their dependent children, 4) improved residency allowance for military personnel so that they can purchase their firearms in VA, and 5) strengthened concealed carry application process insuring a 'shall issue'.

The state legislature in VA is not like MD. MD is 2:1 Democrat to Republican. Virginia is 1:1. In MD you can only vote in the primary for which you are registered. In VA, it is an open party primary election. One can vote in either/both primary election (s), provided that they do not occur on the same day. There is no need to become a DINO or a RINO.

To say that VA is going to turn liberal on gun laws just because an anti-gun democrat could be elected as the state governor is ridiculous. Does anyone remember Governor Doug Wilder who was elected in 1994 and is/was a member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns? His legacy includes the 'one gun a month' law that stood for 19 years. Guess what, it was repealed in 2012.

I don't see VA turning liberal on its gun laws. If anything, it has turned more conservative.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    The only way to certainly lose is to not try. See you in the primaries!

http://elections.state.md.us/voting/primary.html

And along these lines I would like to see us act with a single purpose. Some people will vote for the least bad Dem. My proposal is simply vote against the incumbent if they voted against us. Vote for their strongest challenger even if they are just as bad or worse on guns. The point is to make them understand how much power we actually do have.

In the current national debate the Gops are being accused of bending to the Tea Party for fear of being primaried out. This is a real threat. I go to the meetings. Along the same lined DINOs need to primary out anyone who votes against us.

NarlocB

Jan 23, 2013
    I rarely post on political discussions as they do not help with my anger management....

however the only well written comment on this thread has been "Im voting against every incumbent."

I can't stand living in this anti-2a state, but i'm also couldn't stand moving to a completely RED state that will continue to let things like GE pay zero taxes for the last ten years, the oil industry gouge this country for insane gas prices (as the absurd idea of well don't buy gas and the industry will go back to normal is completely well....absurd), where they can tell a woman what to do with their body.

I could make an identical list of what is wrong with BLUE states, anti-gun wacko's, welfare for everyone, etc.

I can't bring myself to move to either screwed up colors. All I can do is get ready to vote against the career politicians.

Freedom should mean just that.

Freedom to choose what guns someone wants to own (including auto's)
    Freedom for women to chose what they want to do with their body's.
    Freedom for anyone to be with whoever they want without corporations dictating what/who is covered
    Freedom to be left alone

No man or corporation or govt should be able to hamper/fringe upon anyone's freedom to choose anything. Someone may not like abortion, Someone may not like gay marriage, someone may not like someone owning a AR-15, but no govt or person should be able to dictate the choice of another human being period. That is freedom. Any party that supports a law to prevent someone's freedom of choice is wrong.

thats my 2 cents and only my opinion...so take it for a grain of salt.

herkybird72

2A Defender
    Dec 1, 2011
    Freedomland,NC
    What a great way to lift up the citizens of MD, by telling them the only way to make a difference is to move.

If your going to keep tearing down those who chose not to move, or are unable to, maybe it's time you leave MDShooters, since you have apparently already left the state and never seem to have any positive things to say about those who are still here.

Give me a freaking break.

Considering your comment I thought this forum was open to ALL opinions without being told to leave the group. Keep up the division, that what our opponents want.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    however the only well written comment on this thread has been "Im voting against every incumbent."

In general, I can't argue too much with this strategy. I would however recommend we vote a bit more selectively. If there are politicians who did vote with us then they should be supported with our votes, our praise, and our money.

Just a thought....

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    In general, I can't argue too much with this strategy. I would however recommend we vote a bit more selectively. If there are politicians who did vote with us then they should be supported with our votes, our praise, and our money.

Just a thought....

And a wise thought it is. Why throw away what is working for you? A blanket "anti-incumbent" policy in the voting booth is counter productive to good sense. Read what the candidates did in office and vote their report card. If they supported you... Support them. If they voted against 2A... then vote against them... NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU LIKE THEIR OTHER IDEALS. Yes, it really IS that simple.

Grits

In God I Trust And Live
    Jul 12, 2012
    Frederick
    DINO CAN work! It screws the meandering strategy all up. primary's are important, then go from there and vote American!

frdfandc

Fish It
    Aug 27, 2011
    Elkton, MD
    Considering your comment I thought this forum was open to ALL opinions without being told to leave the group. Keep up the division, that what our opponents want.

I am all fine for open discussion, but when someone keeps saying the only way to change things is to run away like they did, then we don't need to surround ourselves with people like that.

He has already made his decision and did what he felt was best for him, but he had ZERO room to say what is best for me.

Sounds familiar doesn't it. It is what we are fighting right now.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    My points about DINO:

1. Simply voting against all incumbents or all Democrats will not work. I am in District 8, and one of my delegates is Eric Bromwell, a Democrat. Eric voted against every bad amendment of SB-281 and for every good amendment. He voted against SB-281. He voted against the rain tax, the alcohol tax, sales tax, etc., etc., etc. He's practically a DINO himself. He posted a long rant on his Facebook page during SB-281 amendment voting where he stated how angry he was at the tactics used by the Dems and how he felt his vote was completely useless because the vote was fixed so the bill would pass. Why would any of us vote against him or other D's like him?

2. DINO's must all vote in unison. If there is the one we want out and three other primary opponents we cannot afford to randomly scatter our votes between the other three. We must decide on one candidate ahead of time and all vote for that one.

3. We need DINOs even in 100% 2A districts. I'm in the 8th. It's rock solid with pro-2A delegates and senator. I will use my DINO vote to protect Bromwell. I will also use it to vote against Frosh for SA and Gansler for Gov.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom