• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    1/3 co-witness means your front and rear sight picture is in the lower 1/3 of the optic. This is as opposed to absolute co-witness, which puts it dead center (ie, the dot should be on your front post when looking through the rear sight).

1/3 co-witness is generally used when you've got a fixed front sight. Absolute co-witness is better when you've got folding front and rear sights. It's a somewhat weird choice to go with the emitter at 6-o-clock when you're going for 1/3 co-witness, albeit I think it's cheaper to manufacture.

I'd suggest taking receipt, mounting it up, and if it doesn't work out, return it. They'll be cool. I have a couple of PA dots that I use on rifles that I haven't found the cash to buy proper higher-end optics for, and with one exception that is no longer made, I've been extremely happy with them.

.458 Dave

Sep 10, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    i have a good lower 1/3 wittiness with my PA micro on a American Defense QD riser with magpul buis. Primary arms is good to go i love my micro

Blu Falcon

Recon by Fire
    Aug 28, 2012
    Colorado
    For a budget micro I'd opt for the PA. Owned two as stop gap solutions. Neither failed. Only sold when the budget allowed for better optics. Never liked the Sparc due to the crazy looking bulky controls on the side.

Sent from my piece of s**t phone using Tapatalk2 (which can be equally unreliable when coupled with a junk phone)

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Received mine and mounted it up. Testing against folding Troy and Magpul MBUS sights; yes the emitter at the bottom obscures some of the sight picture, but not nearly enough for me to upset about the $60 I spent.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I just received two of them today, the led emitter covers the 6oclock position where the tip of your front site would be. 1/3 co-witness is pretty much out of the question.

Sucks to find out the hard way. I hope they work out for you otherwise.

Don't sweat it too much. The real PA micro has the LED circuit visible in the front glass at about 5 o'clock, where it obstructs the lower one-third view on the right side when looking through the irons. So almost as bad. Supposedly, the new Seekins mount helps to fix that by slightly lowering the RDS, hence it slightly raises the view of the irons.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    I bought the more expensive primary arms micro and it is lower 1/3rd capable I love the sight on my AR

blksniper2000

certified lurker
    Jan 31, 2009
    Baltimore/PA area
    Sucks to find out the hard way. I hope they work out for you otherwise.

Don't sweat it too much. The real PA micro has the LED circuit visible in the front glass at about 5 o'clock, where it obstructs the lower one-third view on the right side when looking through the irons. So almost as bad. Supposedly, the new Seekins mount helps to fix that by slightly lowering the RDS, hence it slightly raises the view of the irons.

I mounted on a flattop rail with larue flip up sights, you are able to see the tip and sides of the front site and the rest is covered by the blob of the led, it'll get the job done and if it become a issue it only takes a second to pop the sight off.

Does anybody know if these can handle the recoil of a saiga 12

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    loops12

Latest threads

Top Bottom