• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Well it looks like I am going to be in the same boat. Before my next set of glasses I went to see if I was a candidate for laser surgery and they found cataracts on my dominant right eye. None on my left. So now I need to decide what kind of prescription to get that will help me keep competition shooting. We talked over various focus setting, even similar to that pair of shooting glasses I have. He can do a correction that is 20/40 that will still let me see close-up and read with just not perfect. It would be more general that have a reading correcting in the right eye similar to my glasses but I would still opt for a full distance correcting in the left eye of 20/20. This is similar to what my late wife got from her Lasix surgery. I think I need to ask this question on Brian Enos site also. I have a few weeks to plan this out since I picked a date that has no big matches I plan to shoot.

Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    You haven't been to SLCFSA today were you?

I'm looking for some guidance. Over the past 3 years I have had 3 eye surgeries: vitrectomies in each eye and then cataract in my left last March. Post cataract surgery I have no accommodation in my left eye meaning the eye focuses at distances not at close. This is the expected outcome and perfectly normal. At some point, I'll neet cataract surgery in my right but who knows when. My corrected vision in my right eye is not 20/20 so obviously I have a dilemma. Are there trainers that can help me? If so, anyone in the Frederick/Hagerstown area? Any other advice?

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I wear progressives and find them to be no problem for most use.

You DO have to get used to them. And my eye guy recommended getting them as SOON as it made any sense to do so, so you were not dealing with a huge change.

For my serious shooting glasses, I have single vision, with stick on bifocals for times when I need to be able to read something. Like long range shooting when I need to look at my come up chart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom