• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Maryland has a group as well. I will find out what they are called. I don't think it is www.marylandpreparedness.com. Have a friend or two that was/is part of it.

I think each county has a subgroup and I was surprised when he told me because I never heard anyone mention it on here.

Cowboy T

Here's the problem I see with this group.

We believe in the promotion of traditional Judeo-Christian values, morals, and laws. While this belief is not required for membership, all members must recognize that republican constitutional government stems from the Judeo-Christian measure for measure system of justice and natural law.

"Traditional Judeo-Christian values"....

I have seen that time and again to attempt to legislate Christianity onto the populace. Without exception, the people I've met who say this also say, "we're a CHREEESCH-CHUN nation!", and they want to legislate their religious beliefs onto Us, The People. Legislating any sort of religious beliefs on Us, The People would, of course, be a very bad thing. It's one of the major reasons why the Pilgrims left England.

As for the Judeo-Christian measure for measure system of justice being from which republican constitutional government stems from, that's BS. The Iroquois Federation (neither Christian nor Jewish by a longshot) had a very similar form of republican government, and it was so impressive that the Founding Fathers borrowed heavily from it in the design of the new government for the United States. There is also record of republican forms of govenment from the ancient Chinese days, dating to before Jesus's time. These "Virginia Ready Reserve" folks would do well to read up on that history.

See, this is one of the problems with getting those other than social, religious Conservatives into the pro-2A movement. Everywhere I turn, it's de-facto a "Conservative Christian Club" sort of environment. Example: if someone is, say, Muslim, like the now-late Army Cpl. Kareem Rashad Sultan Khan (killed in Afghanistan fighting for the USA), and that person is pro-2A, we need that person on our side. Philip Van Cleave demonstrated this during a recent Lobby Day when a Muslim woman wearing a hijab joined us as part of the VCDL rally; he welcomed her. The same applies to pro-2A agnostics, Hindus, atheists, Wiccans, Liberals (e. g. myself), and so on. As a community, I've observed that we have a nasty habit of pushing folks like that away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom