• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Hi my friend..! You are right i forgot to tell about the pellets...i use the point tip baracuda 31gr pellets..these pellet are really great at penetration..!!

So, an educated guess: with a 31 grain pellet you are getting about 50-70 ft lbs of energy with that rifle**. If you punctured a tire (both sides??), probably on the high side.

That is pretty impressive. It is about the same as light .22LR. http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/22.html
    (or standard .22LR from a pistol with 6" barrel).

I bet you can do anything with that rifle that you can do with a .22LR rifle!

**see here: http://www.shooterscalculator.com/bullet-kinetic-energy.php a 31 gr pellet at 1000 fps = 69 ft-lbs energy.

Sp guns

Jun 11, 2016
    So, an educated guess: with a 31 grain pellet you are getting about 50-70 ft lbs of energy with that rifle**. If you punctured a tire (both sides??), probably on the high side.

That is pretty impressive. It is about the same as light .22LR. http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/22.html
    (or standard .22LR from a pistol with 6" barrel).

I bet you can do anything with that rifle that you can do with a .22LR rifle!

**see here: http://www.shooterscalculator.com/bullet-kinetic-energy.php a 31 gr pellet at 1000 fps = 69 ft-lbs energy.

I think that the power of this gun is at 55 ft/ lb..or 60 with a heavier pellet...i have never shot with a 22 rifle...

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    There's so many tactical and wanna be tactical videos on YouTube its not even funny. It's refreshing to see someone just enjoying shooting and your attitude/presentation is awesome.

Sp guns

Jun 11, 2016
    There's so many tactical and wanna be tactical videos on YouTube its not even funny. It's refreshing to see someone just enjoying shooting and your attitude/presentation is awesome.

Hello..!! That really matters to me...to make these videos and to have fun...and the most important some other people to have fun with these videos too..!! Thank you my friend,I really appreciate that..!!

Sp guns

Jun 11, 2016
    Don't try this at home!!

The slug did not go through the steel, but that bulge says it would still hurt and maybe break a rib.

Hello my friend..!! This is only an experiment...of course it will hurt you...

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    No we can't have that here...I will wait for your ideas..!!

Ok, a few ideas.

The accuracy of your air rifle at 50 meters, and if it can cut a playing card in half.

Can you bounce a air rifle pellet off of one surface and have it impact a target.

You could also try to shoot a pellet though a pipe that has a curve in it to see if it will hit the target just outside the exit side of the pipe.

I'll need some more time to think up some others.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    Ok, a few ideas.

The accuracy of your air rifle at 50 meters, and if it can cut a playing card in half.

Can you bounce a air rifle pellet off of one surface and have it impact a target.

You could also try to shoot a pellet though a pipe that has a curve in it to see if it will hit the target just outside the exit side of the pipe.

I think he did the second one. Skipped a pellet off of water

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Ok, a few ideas.

Check upthread. He bounced pellets off the surface of water to a target. Good accuracy too.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    He could take a class to apply for a permit which would allow him to apply to wait for a week to purchase a handgun?

Pffft...

Have him relocate to the Adams County area in PA. Shall Issue, no waiting period, and all the cool things he could ever want to buy.

This way, we could visit him in free America from time to time. :D

Sp guns

Jun 11, 2016
    Ok, a few ideas.

Hey my friend..!! The second one i did it...thank you for your ideas..!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Markmcgrrr

Latest threads

Top Bottom