• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sp guns

Jun 11, 2016
    [noparse] tip: if you put "" around the youtube codes

"B7UpL-nW5Wc" or "Rqpbmm3our4" you can embed the video. So the full tag would be ""

see below

[/nopars
    great videos!

Hello my friend..!! Thank you very much for the information..!!!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thanks, Sp_guns for embedding the videos; more thanks for making them!

I like how you find interesting topics to test, some are quite important and realistic, and make them fun with you antics, and editing. Curious if you have someone helping you, or if you are a one man band?

A couple things I've wondered about...

In a home defense situation, I'm very concerned about over penetration. If I ever had to shoot a home intruder, I'd want my shots to be effective, but I would be very concerned about shooting through them and striking a loved one or a neighbor. I've often considered making my first round a 'bird-shot' shell (if using a shotgun), and then the next few consecutive shells bigger pellets. So maybe something like #9, #7, #5, then 000 buck, then 00 buck, then any remaining slugs. Most modern construction we have simple drywall, insulation on the outer walls, then likely plastic siding. There's only a small chance of hitting a wall stud or plumbing/electric, and even then it's usually plastic pipes; so irrelevant for an experiment. Our interior doors are typically very thin double sided press board, and exterior doors thin metal doors with insulation between.

Any opinions on how this might work out appreciated. I see you are quite serious about investigating these sort of important things.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I've heard tracers will work from a distance, or hollow points with flint from a cigarette lighter stuck in the tip. And don't forget 12 guage "Dragon's Breath" ammo.

Good points, also bullets striking off different surfaces can cause massive sparks in real life. But not reliable enough for anyone to count on. Plus its the gas vapor that ignites, not the gas liquid itself. A tiny pool of gas like that and bullets shot into a gravel road at a steep angle, not likely to do anything. The more shallow the angle the more opportunity for friction, and same with a harder surface. Basic physics.

Thanks for wearing the protective glasses in your more recent videos, it sets a good example and protecting your eyes is important.

I bet a magnesium slug or powder (like used in Dragon's Breath) would make some serious flames. :D

Sp guns

Jun 11, 2016
    Thanks, Sp_guns for embedding the videos; more thanks for making them!

I like how you find interesting topics to test, some are quite important and realistic, and make them fun with you antics, and editing. Curious if you have someone helping you, or if you are a one man band?

A couple things I've wondered about...

In a home defense situation, I'm very concerned about over penetration. If I ever had to shoot a home intruder, I'd want my shots to be effective, but I would be very concerned about shooting through them and striking a loved one or a neighbor. I've often considered making my first round a 'bird-shot' shell (if using a shotgun), and then the next few consecutive shells bigger pellets. So maybe something like #9, #7, #5, then 000 buck, then 00 buck, then any remaining slugs. Most modern construction we have simple drywall, insulation on the outer walls, then likely plastic siding. There's only a small chance of hitting a wall stud or plumbing/electric, and even then it's usually plastic pipes; so irrelevant for an experiment. Our interior doors are typically very thin double sided press board, and exterior doors thin metal doors with insulation between.

Any opinions on how this might work out appreciated. I see you are quite serious about investigating these sort of important things.

Hi my friend..!! I am doing the editing alone..i really like that..!! I have a video about home defence at home but it is with the walls that we have here...but i promice you that i will do a video with dry walls to see what is safe..! Thank you very much..!!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Hi my friend..!! I am doing the editing alone..i really like that..!! I have a video about home defence at home but it is with the walls that we have here...but i promice you that i will do a video with dry walls to see what is safe..! Thank you very much..!!

Awesome!

Amazing!!, we totally dig it so much!!

Thank you my friendly friend!!!

Seriously looking forward to it. :party29:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    One to consider -- to shoot through an interior wall, then through an exterior wall; such as including 10 feet of distance, and an exterior wall, with insulation, plywood or pressboard, then siding, ----- then travelling another 20 feet to a neighbors hours (close quarters).

Second test or continuation, would see what happens when it strikes the neighbors siding, plywood, weather protection, insulation, and drywall inside. I'm curious about all this. Sounds like you are too !?!

Sp guns

Jun 11, 2016
    One to consider -- to shoot through an interior wall, then through an exterior wall; such as including 10 feet of distance, and an exterior wall, with insulation, plywood or pressboard, then siding, ----- then travelling another 20 feet to a neighbors hours (close quarters).

Second test or continuation, would see what happens when it strikes the neighbors siding, plywood, weather protection, insulation, and drywall inside. I'm curious about all this. Sounds like you are too !?!

Yes i do..!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom