• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Are they even accepting applications yet?

Good question. ARE there even applications yet????

It's apparently Chief Lanier's job to create the form. I glanced at the training requirements and although they appear pretty vague it looks like military training and CCW training in other states should qualify at least to a degree. But I don't see anything about how long to process an application and fees.

Ack Ack

Sep 4, 2013
    DC
    The "law" is only about 24 hours old, so I'm pretty sure that they haven't worked out the process yet. I thought I read something that said it would be a few weeks.

zenMonkey

Patriot Picket
    Mar 30, 2013
    The more I think about it, I am puzzled? Emergency legislation? Then followed by permanent legislation?

Maybe its the tinfoil, but is this a bait and switch? Test?

Why would they do this (pass legislation) twice? Why would the judge even consider non-final "Emergency Legislation"?

Is it a way for them to see how much they can get away with? If the judge allows this temporary may issue scheme, they might try to push the same garbage in the final legislation. They get a free test on how restrictive they can be.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'll predict that zero Permits will be issued under the Emergency statute. Even if the forms and processes apeared tommorow , they would take more than 88 days to complete their investigation , and reach a decision on need and "suitableness" . Presuming things go on their desired path , the perment legislation would differ just enough to require all the applicants to start over from scratch.

Expect up to a year for the first issuence/ denials.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Of course we are opposed to making public permit holders. But if their may issue scheme goes thru more or less as is , it would be great to show that the Permits overwhelmingly went to politicians , contributors , and celebs.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Is it a way for them to see how much they can get away with? If the judge allows this temporary may issue scheme, they might try to push the same garbage in the final legislation. They get a free test on how restrictive they can be.

Without a doubt, in fact they'll think of more garbage to pile up in the final legislation.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    Of course we are opposed to making public permit holders. But if their may issue scheme goes thru more or less as is , it would be great to show that the Permits overwhelmingly went to politicians , contributors , and celebs.

This. May-issues don't like having their cronies exposed. NYC had theirs exposed years ago and it was full of celebrities. They quickly closed that down. AFAIK CA is the only one.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013

I don't think they care. As press1280 pointed out, NYC's list became public but they really did nothing other than dig in their heels.

Ontherdpr

Christian (Jesus Christ)
    Aug 2, 2012
    CCW,Long guns & registration

With DC's emergency law I have two questions to the forum.

Do non-residents who have a ccw currently have to register all their firearms they intend to carry into DC?

Handguns aren't the only firearms people are allowed to use for self defense. What about long guns? These can't be concealed easily.

imtan8

Jun 9, 2014
    Virginia
    councilwoman Yvette Alexander (D-Ward 7) made her feelings on gun owners very clear.
    “Who cares about the confidentiality of a gun owner? We don’t want it, so expose yourself,”

Really?

CONCEALED CARRY so we can tell everyone

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    councilwoman Yvette Alexander (D-Ward 7) made her feelings on gun owners very clear.
    “Who cares about the confidentiality of a gun owner? We don’t want it, so expose yourself,”

Really?

CONCEALED CARRY so we can tell everyone

Let's hope that pig doesn't expose herself..........stupid b*tch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    They can't allow themselves to fall into the pissing matches they've had in the past.
    Here's to seeing them cooperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom