• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    A one day class would be fine but I'd like something where CCWers come in explain why they carry, and just that they are normal citizens and that type of stuff along with training on the new laws, and how to interact.

Why? The courts and Lanier already gave that to you, "Self Defense".

As a LEO you do not need to know anymore, unless you have PC or RAS of a crime that is about to be committed.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Dagnabbit......

I just read the Gura filing, and had a really great summary of the things I saw in it, and my @#$%^& session timed out and I lost it.

{snip}

That has happened enough times to me that I now compose longer replies in a text editor and copy/paste when I'm done.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    We could have an event sponsored by the 2a groups where we invite police to a dialog-- perhaps invitation only on both sides ..

Trust me it's gotta be mandatory!!!!

Wouldn't necessarily have to be a test. I guess that's a management call. And if they pass the test by scrolling to the end that be ok by me as long as a passing grade means you know the material.

If they didn't limit civilians talking to officers to DC residents, I'd volunteer to do it. I live about 4 miles from 2D HQ. I'd go anywhere I was asked if someone thought it would help.

I actually would as well but it would be held at blue plains........add another 20 mins to your trip but usually they do special stuff for the volunteers like invite you to see the shoot house (which is AMAZING) or let you play with toys.....they do for the interns as well.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'd drive down to Blue Plains to volunteer. I remember the stench from the treatment plant across 295 got a bit crappy in the summertime (intended) but it was only bad outside.

Maybe it didn't go as far as the Police Academy.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

As a LEO you do not need to know anymore, unless you have PC or RAS of a crime that is about to be committed.

And your on a need to know basis.......see two can play the how annoying can I get game!!

Pay attention to my posts and stop trying to play the I'm right and your wrong game.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Trust me it's gotta be mandatory!!!!

I actually would as well but it would be held at blue plains........add another 20 mins to your trip but usually they do special stuff for the volunteers like invite you to see the shoot house (which is AMAZING) or let you play with toys.....they do for the interns as well.

This is very doable. It's that important.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    And your on a need to know basis.......see two can play the how annoying can I get game!!

Pay attention to my posts and stop trying to play the I'm right and your wrong game.

By no means, I understand where you are coming from. It's not the I'm right and you're wrong.

Should the carry training be incorporated with the annual refresher training everyone has to go by? Sure!

There are other ways to accomplish the goal of informing LEOs on a faster timetable in lieu of also. If they do not wish to deal with another online training requirement then that is on them, so is the reparations from a 1983 lawsuit.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I wouldn't mind community outreach by the police departments. Entice people with a range trip as well and let them shoot a few of the toys.

Bagpiperer

Mar 23, 2013
    I wouldn't mind community outreach by the police departments. Entice people with a range trip as well and let them shoot a few of the toys.

The ideal relationship between lawmen and the communities they police is cooperative, not adversarial. So, yeah, sounds like a fine idea.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie

The point is to reinforce the idea to both groups that "these are regular, personable people just like me." Sure, cops and citizens alike may already know that's true in theory, but being able to recall an actual positive interaction with another CCW'er would certainly help future interactions to be more pleasant for everyone.

It's not about justifying your reasons for carry or anything related to their official capacity, but for interacting on a slightly more personal level with the LEO's. That's all. It couldn't do anything except help...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The point is to reinforce the idea to both groups that "these are regular, personable people just like me." Sure, cops and citizens alike may already know that's true in theory, but being able to recall an actual positive interaction with another CCW'er would certainly help future interactions to be more pleasant for everyone.

That would truly be a nice to have.

Realistically, If a LEO receives 1 or 2 hours on the new law in their annual review that might be too generous.

Training time is valuable, and there are plenty of annual requirements (Federal/State/and local) and only 1 pot of money that seems to be empty most of the time.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    !!!!!!!!Warning: Empty your stomach before watching

:puke2:

The only guy who even had a clue was the southern gentleman. The rest...

Attachments

• stupid people.jpg
      stupid people.jpg
      7.3 KB · Views: 303

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads