veprs, robinson arms, and the Owe mao li gun ban.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • patriot001

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 2, 2013
    I've read Sb281, and was wondering if the veprs will be banned. I know they are not a "fighting ak" but the craftsmanship is awesome I've always wanted onefor my collection. However Sb281 states all Aks are banned, does the vepr md2 count as an ak ? Also Robinson arms makes the civilian version of the Stoner 63 Vietnam vets know what I'm talkingabout. I did not see anything about these being banned.?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Wondered about this myself. The VEPR and the Saiga are based on the AK receiver platform and the law says AK-47's in all variants.

If the VEPR and the Saiga are allowed then variants such as Arsenal SLR-95's (no longer sold) should be allowed because they have no muzzle brakes or bayonet lugs or bayonets. They're just semi-auto rifles with AK style receivers.

I don't care for the AK language because AK-47's are full auto firearms.

The law doesn't say anything about all variants in 7.62x39

Always wanted a VEPR in 7.62x54r. Hell of a an accurate round.

Anyone care to chime in on this?

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    IMO veprs and saigas will be banned. They are AK pattern rifles and are similar enough in function and design (share parts) that they will be considered evil. I want a VEPR in 7.62x54R too but have too many other irons in the fire to pay the current $1000 prices They ARE well built though. I have a VEPR 12 that I love much more than my Saiga 12

Something like a VZ-58 however will prob survive. Internally it is a substantially different design which shares absolutely no parts with the Kalashnikov design soooo...

My .02 before taxes

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    KD96

Latest threads

Top Bottom