• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Charming, so how much will it cost to convert it to "fun"?

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Looks nice, love BHO & the magwell. Will Saiga12 mags work?

The article says no factory folder, but the comment below the picture says it will have a factory folder? I'm thinking the picture comment is probably wrong.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Looks nice, love BHO & the magwell. Will Saiga12 mags work?

The article says no factory folder, but the comment below the picture says it will have a factory folder? I'm thinking the picture comment is probably wrong.

Yep Saiga 12 mags work in Vepr's, but not vice versa.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    If it comes with just the BHO & magwell then it's worth it. Folding stock would be a bonus. Sooner or later aftermarket parts will follow, like they have with the S-12.

Given that Romy AKs are legal for import with only a narrower magwell, I don't see why these couldn't have several more features over the S-12, including an installed pistol grip. So far the only thing the ATF has made a stink about are rails and a flash hider.

Hopefully this is just the first of several new Molot and Izhmash products now that they Russian gov has stopped buying weapons from them. I'm excited!

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    Ill officially believe it when they are here a la the Saiga EXP-01-030 that is on its way and has been for...over a year. And when, and if, they get here...the cash will jump right out of my wallet. If only we could have them in their correct format...I'd run naked all over MD.

A bunch of Vepr rifles are allegedly inbound as well. Anyone want to bet they will be slant-cut receivers? :sad20:

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Cool but im assuming the Md arms 20 round drums won't fit. That was one of the big draws of the magazine fed shotgun.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I think the competition crowd will love this thing - they run with magwells anyways, so the drum issue isn't a big deal. Hinged cover with rail is also going to be big for mounting optics, I bet - none of the issues with traditional dust cover rails.

As for how much it'll eat into the S12's sales in general, pricing is probably the key. VEPRs are rather more expensive than Saigas, and depending on supply, pricing on this thing could be considerably higher than some of you may think.

That is, of course, assuming it ever makes it here, which I doubt it will.

IlikeNFA

Certified Gear Queer
    Aug 27, 2008
    Goodbye MD, Hello freedom
    Does anyone know how much they would cost?

I have not seen anything official yet, but I'd guess 1k+ damn near guaranteed (assuming they are imported the way the article says they will be) However, the article does not say whether it will have the pistol grip...I cant imagine it will. If it does though, $1500 may very well be knocking on the door. Ill pray hard they do...then we could maybe get Saiga's imported from Legion. Ahh...dreams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom