• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Lots of good stuff in this one. Youtube vid from Massad Ayoob; our buddy Shannon Watts alienating people; ghost guns are "undetectable"; UK thugs now armed with automatic weapons and grrenades(!); and Dem lawmaker breaking Federal gun laws.

Enjoy!

From the email:

1. Delegate Simon admits breaking federal gun laws in subcommittee hearing last week – oops!

2. Senator Ebbin claims that “Ghost guns” are undetectable! <Sigh>

3. Help Needed: Harrisonburg Gun Show on Feb 19-20

4. Help Needed: 34th Annual Western Virginia Sport Show Feb 25-27, Augusta

5. Legislative: Issue with HB 929, curio and relics licensee buying regular firearms, might be resolved

6. VCDL in coverage of gun bills in the General Assembly

7. Culpeper County Sheriff Jenkins shows again that he stands with gun owners

8. Blacksburg City Councilman gets nasty when confronted over shooting in hookah lounge

9. Virginia reverses direction on NYSRPA v. Bruen in Supreme Court under new Attorney General Miyares!

10. Virginian-Pilot miffed that Delegate Tim Anderson is introducing pro-gun bills

11. When ATF frame/receiver markings and Pistol Brace rules will be released

12. Biden Administration has digital records (aka a gun registry) on almost one-billion gun-sales

13. VCDL Store now has banners!

14. Change in advice from Massad Ayoob on talking to police after a self-defense shooting

15. Green Top Shooting Range gets NSSF Five-Star rating

16. Ugh – Biden now claims that Glock handguns are a “weapon of war”

17. VCDL banner displayed on MSN news-video on gun laws

18. Sure is news to my wife: Shannon Watts claims 2A supporters are women haters

19. [FL] Genius films himself shooting through his car windows at another driver in a road rage incident

20. [PA] 32-year-old woman shows robbers why robbing her store is a really bad idea

21. [TX] Texas CHP holder saves woman being stabbed

22. UK reminds us that gun control doesn’t work – and criminals now have grenades…

23. [HUMOR] Murderer undecided on whether he’ll follow new gun laws

1. Delegate Simon admits breaking federal gun laws in subcommittee hearing last week – oops!

During the House Public Safety Subcommittee #1 meeting last Thursday, Delegate Marcus Simon, a Democrat from Fairfax County, admitted to breaking a federal law by illegally manufacturing a firearm (a felony that could put him in jail for 10 years).

No, I don’t think he broke the law on purpose. He broke the law by borrowing a neighbor’s tools to complete a Polymer 80 Glock-style receiver that he purchased. He also inadvertently put his neighbor at risk for similar charges.

Welcome to the world of being a gun owner, Delegate Simon. All those gun-control laws you’ve supported over the years have made a minefield that can trip up a good person and put them in serious legal jeopardy.

Here is a video emphasizing that you MUST use your own tools to make a homemade gun. In fact, BATF is targeting gun-building events, looking for anyone using someone else’s tools. Lesson learned, Delegate Simon? Gun control usually ends up targeting the wrong people.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H0cW7tjf2rU

2. Senator Ebbin claims that “Ghost guns” are undetectable! <Sigh>

Senator Ebbin, representing Fairfax County, in an email to constituents said, “…Ghost guns are undetectable, untraceable firearms which can be bought online, assembled with ease [PVC: especially if you illegally borrow your neighbor’s tools to complete the receiver ;-) ], and function precisely like any other firearm…”

Undetectable? That is absolutely not the truth. Homemade guns, including Polymer 80-based guns, have plenty of metal and are every bit as detectable as a commercially made firearm. Also traces on a gun's serial number rarely solve a crime, accord to FBI statistics.

Seriously, if you are going to make gun laws, it’s critical that you actually understand guns. Research them. Buy one. Learn how to handle a gun safely. Take the gun to the range and practice shooting it. Get a CHP and carry the gun for a while. Whatever you do, don’t get your information on guns from gun-control organizations, that would be the blind leading the blind.

3. Help Needed: Harrisonburg Gun Show on Feb 19-20

HARRISONBURG GUN SHOW, Feb 19-20, 2022

Rockingham County Fairgrounds

4808 South Valley Pike

Harrisonburg, VA 22801

* You must be a VCDL member to volunteer

* Show admission is free for VCDL volunteers

* Many vendors offer discounts to VCDL volunteers

* Casual, fun, and educational event for both first-time and regular volunteers

If you have been looking for a way to be involved in the protection and defense of our Second Amendment Rights, gun shows and events are the front lines of VCDL's efforts.

No gun show experience is necessary. First-time volunteers are very welcome.

For more information and to sign up to help, contact:

Mike Wilburt, VCDL State Gun Show Coordinator

gunshowcoord@vcdl.org

4. Help Needed: 34th Annual Western Virginia Sport Show Feb 25-27, Augusta

34th ANNUAL WESTERN VIRGINIA SPORT SHOW, Feb 25-27, 2022

AUGUSTA EXPO CENTER

277 Expo Road

Fishersville, VA 22939

This will be VCDL's first time to exhibit at this event. With 10,000 people expected to attend, this is a great opportunity to introduce VCDL to thousands of Virginians!

If you have been looking for a way to be involved in the protection and defense of our Second Amendment Rights, gun shows and events are the front lines of VCDL's efforts.

No gun show experience is necessary. First-time volunteers are very welcome.

For more information and to sign up to help, contact:

Mike Wilburt, VCDL State Gun Show Coordinator

gunshowcoord@vcdl.org

5. Legislative: Issue with HB 929, curio and relics licensee buying regular firearms, might be resolved

One of our eagled-eyed members has probably solved the issue with HB 929, Delegate Batten’s bill to exempt Curio and Relic federal licensees from a background check when buying a regular firearm. Under federal law, such a person cannot be exempted from buying a gun from a dealer, BUT Virginia law could be modified to exempt the licensee from a Universal Background Check for a private purchase. That makes sense! Delegate Batten’s office has been contacted on a suggested wording change to her bill.

Many thanks to member Tom M. for making sense out of the situation.

6. VCDL in coverage of gun bills in the General Assembly

https://www.wric.com/news/bills-to-reverse-gun-control-shot-down-in-virginia-senate/

7. Culpeper County Sheriff Jenkins shows again that he stands with gun owners

After contacting Sheriff Scott Jenkins of Culpeper County about the recent incident where the Virginia Sheriffs’ Association spoke against a pro-gun bill in subcommittee, member Mike K. got this email:

Date: February 4, 2022 at 4:16:05 PM EST
    To: [xxxx]
    Cc: Scott Jenkins <sheriffjenkins@culpepersheriffsoffice.com>
    Subject: HB11

Good afternoon. The below message is from Sheriff Jenkins. You are free to share this information. Thank you.

As everyone knows, I’ve always been a strong supporter of constitutional carry and avoiding any further laws to restrict our God-given right to self-defense, protected by the Constitution.

The Virginia Sheriffs Association’s opposition to HB 11, which is a commonsense reduction in the penalties for concealed carry of a handgun without a permit, is inexplicable. Virginia should be a constitutional carry jurisdiction, not one imposing heavier penalties on the free expression of our Second Amendment rights.

I disagree with the VSA stance opposing HB 11 and will share my opinion with the Association leadership.

-Sheriff Scott H. Jenkins
    Culpeper County

Lt. Laura Berry
    Chief Strategy and Special Projects Officer
    Culpeper County Sheriff's Office
    Scott H. Jenkins, Sheriff
    540-727-7520

8. Blacksburg City Councilman gets nasty when confronted over shooting in hookah lounge

Four people were shot, one of whom died, at a hookah lounge in the Town of Blacksburg. The suspect has been caught. Here’s the story:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/police-id-suspect-accused-of-hookah-lounge-murder-near-virginia-tech

Member Geoffrey M. sent an email to John Bush (jbush@blacksburg.gov) on the Town Council:

Horrible to hear that all your town laws and regulations disarming law-abiding citizens had no effect on the criminal who murdered an 18-year-old. Well, at least you kept all the good guys disarmed. Anyone associated with those policies should resign in shame.

Regardless of your rules, it still takes a good guy with a gun to stop a bad guy with one. Your rules just give the bad guy more time to do harm.

To which Mr. Bush rudely replied:

You must be kind of a dumb ass or at least mean and stupid.

First off guns were still legal to those allowed to have them legally and they were legal the night of the shooting.

They are only not legal in government buildings and at our street fairs which this case was neither.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

Geoffrey replied, but not in kind (good for him!):

No, I am not a "dumb ass," nor do I recall being labeled one before; certainly not by an adult in public service. I am, however, a husband, father of four, and veteran of multiple combat deployments where I served to defend your 1st amendment right to call me that.

I do advocate that those in government uphold my state and federally protected right to defend my family (and yours if necessary) from people that want to harm them, and that includes Blacksburg, where we visit periodically.

Make no mistake, just like they exist in hookah bars, these criminals exist in Blacksburg parks and street fairs. Oh, and don't forget town libraries. Perhaps you assume that since Blacksburg has not had an issue in any of those places, your ordinances are working. If you are naive enough to believe that, let me direct you to this article about the woman who died without the ability to defend herself in Virginia Beach because she dutifully followed the ordinances barring firearms at her city government building, a "gun-free" workplace.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...ictim-couldnt-defend-herself-in-gun-free-zone

I can understand you must be frustrated by this horrific crime in the town you help run, but the point you still fail to grasp (despite many people, myself included, contacting you prior to your vote on the matter) is that criminals do not care about your ordinances or gun-free zones.

9. Virginia reverses direction on NYSRPA v. Bruen in Supreme Court under new Attorney General Miyares!

Virginia Attorney General Jason Miyares wasted no time sending a letter to the U.S. Supreme Court reversing Virginia’s stance on NYSRPA v. Bruen from opposing, to supporting, NYSRPA in the court case! So, Virginia went from supporting New York’s restrictions on carry (Herring stood with New York) to opposing them (Miyares stands with Virginia).

Skip to the 2:00 minute mark:

https://youtu.be/-6tbDap3oH0

10. Virginian-Pilot miffed that Delegate Tim Anderson is introducing pro-gun bills

The Virginian-Pilot had a story about what they considered to be a conflict of interest with Delegate Tim Anderson introducing gun bills when he is a gun dealer.

But there’s no “there” there. Legislators are free to introduce bills that would affect their professions, as long as they are not the only ones who would benefit by a change in the law.

https://republicmatters.com/2nd-ame...ized-for-offering-pro-gun-bills-bearing-arms/

11. When ATF frame/receiver markings and Pistol Brace rules will be released

The ATF ruling on frame and receiver markings will come out in June. The pistol brace ruling will come two months later, in August.

12. Biden Administration has digital records (aka a gun registry) on almost one-billion gun-sales

A searchable database of guns and their owners is illegal under federal law, but since when has legality made a difference to the ATF?

https://freebeacon.com/guns/biden-admin-has-records-on-nearly-one-billion-gun-sales/

13. VCDL Store now has banners!

Now you can have the type of banners that VCDL has at gun shows and other events and at a great price!

https://vcdl-gear.myshopify.com/col...oducts/banners-like-the-ones-at-the-gun-shows

14. Change in advice from Massad Ayoob on talking to police after a self-defense shooting

Massad now suggests a very limited and focused set of topics a gun owner should discuss when police arrive at a self-defense shooting. Just enough to show you are the victim and no more. He still suggests having a lawyer present before saying too much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJ4wLP_0UM

15. Green Top Shooting Range gets NSSF Five-Star rating

Green Top Shooting Range sent out a press release today saying they had been awarded a prestigious five-star rating from the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF). The release says that makes it the only indoor shooting range in Virginia with that top-rated designation.

VCDL congratulates Green Top Shooting Range on this excellent achievement!

The press release is here: https://myemail.constantcontact.com...ating.html?soid=1101579991625&aid=gNQquxrosWE

16. Ugh – Biden now claims that Glock handguns are a “weapon of war”

The gun-control crowd has to have a bogeyman to blame for the actions of criminals. This time it is one of the most popular handguns on the market.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/20...andgun-weapon-of-war-in-new-gun-control-push/

Biden also equates gun makers to cigarette makers and calls for lawsuits. Stalin would have loved this guy.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...ers-he-equates-with-cigarettes-manufacturers/

17. VCDL banner displayed on MSN news-video on gun laws

Photo of the VCDL banner from Lobby Day 2022 is shown at 3:05 into the story. If you are going to watch the entire story, I suggest wrapping your head in duct tape, so it doesn’t explode:

Congress Can’t Bring Sanity to Gun Laws. Here’s Who Can (msn.com)

18. Sure is news to my wife: Shannon Watts claims 2A supporters are women haters

Shannon Watts, with Moms Demand Action, is getting shriller than usual. Now she’s trying to paint gun owners as a bunch of misogynists, who don’t like gun-control groups because of a hatred toward women! I know a lot of gun owners across Virginia and I don’t know any who hate women. Heck, a lot of them ARE women.

Sure, I don’t like Shannon’s ideas, her personality, and what she stands for, but I don’t HATE her. I wish her no evil, but I also won’t stand by idly as she destroys our rights. I’m sure there are a lot of other gun owners that share those sentiments. She wants to be viewed as a “victim” of those evil gun-owners.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...xtremists-and-men-who-hate-women-is-alarming/

19. [FL] Genius films himself shooting through his car windows at another driver in a road rage incident

Genius #2 threw a water bottle at Genius #1’s car, making him think he was being shot at, which started the one-way shootout. Luckily, nobody was hurt.

https://youtu.be/saQ72NZtrS0

20. [PA] 32-year-old woman shows robbers why robbing her store is a really bad idea

Two bad guys rob a convenience store, get into a struggle with the store manager, shoot her twice in the thigh. She returns fire and hits one of the criminals multiple times, causing him to drop his gun and head to a hospital. Even though the manager didn’t stop the miscreant, she “tagged” him with those bullets, causing him to get medical help, which lead to his arrest.

https://dailycaller.com/2022/02/01/philadelphia-woman-robbery-armed-corner-store/?tpcc==recaps

21. [TX] Texas CHP holder saves woman being stabbed

One gun-control group’s spokesman likes to tell the General Assembly that CHP holders don’t stop crime. “Never happens,” he says. He’s not paying attention. This kind of thing happens all the time.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/good-...-was-stabbing-woman-outside-texas-gas-station

22. UK reminds us that gun control doesn’t work – and criminals now have grenades…

In gun-free England, violence is alive and well with people being shot, stabbed, and beaten. One raid uncovered:

three AK-47 assault rifles (!)
    ·one sub-machine gun (!)
    two shotguns
    ·one revolver
    ·one self-loading pistol
    hundreds of rounds of ammunition (yawn) and
    22 grenades (!!)

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/20...-dead-raid-uncovers-multiple-ak-47s-grenades/

23. [HUMOR] Murderer undecided on whether he’ll follow new gun laws

A deranged, murderous criminal has a conundrum in this video: should he obey new Democrat-backed gun-control laws or not?

https://babylonbee.com/video/145

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom