• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dleary13115

Jan 10, 2011
    Baltimore County
    I have a Smith and Wesson Model SW1911PD (http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/...57754_757752_757751_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y) that I bought very used and then proceded to hack-up by attempting a complete disassembly and assembly.

I would like to trade some AK items I have for some 1911 gunsmithing. I just want the gun to run reliably again. I believe it will need some replacement parts and some other reliability work, it needs 4 new grip screws and bushings for sure. Here is what I have to offer:

- Molot 40 round bakelite in 7.62 (mold # "2" no factory logo) (= $110 parts and labor)
    - Izhevsk 30 round bakelites in 7.62 (I have 4 available) (= $30 parts and labor each)
    - Izhevsk AK-103 black polymer ribbed magazine (= $70 parts and labor)
    - Romanian Wire folder (push button version) (= $45 parts and labor)
    - Izhevsk AK-103 pistol grip (= $25 parts and labor)
    - Ca$h (up to $100)
    -I will cover shipping

When I bought it I intended to concealed carry it. I even bought a ton of different ammo (Tulammo steel case, hornady 185 gr Critical Defense, Federal Premium HST, and Winchester PDX1 Defender) that I test fired it with the one time I shot it before jacking it up. It ran flawlessly after those 100+ rounds, and that's pretty much the condition that I want the gun back to.

I am looking for someone with a fair amount of 1911 gunsmithing experience. Time is not really an issue, but I would like to have it back within 2-3 months of sending it to you. I am probably WAAAAY over thinking this. Just fix my gun with decent parts and good work and tell me what I owe you. I am located in Quantico VA, but I spend a lot of weekends in Baltimore, Annapolis, and Bethesda MD. PM me for further details/contact info

*P.S. I don't have a post count of 50 so this is the only place I could think to put this. I have lots of positive feedback here and all over the web (same username).

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I know that you want to trade but if that dream does not work for you I would contact Sandy Garrett at northern VA gunsmiths in Springfield VA .

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Lord Chad/Clandestine who works at Scotts Gunsmithing on the forum. Or Bollingers Gunsmithing in Taneytown.

lightweights

Nov 16, 2012
    Dear Sir,
    Do you still have for sale the Izhevsk 30 round bakelites in 7.62 (I have 4 available) (= $30 parts and labor each)
    and the Izhevsk AK-103 black polymer ribbed magazine (= $70 parts and labor)? I am not a gunsmith, but if these mags are in excellent condition I would be willing to give you their cash equivalent. Of course we would have to do this transaction outside of Maryland, but that's not a problem we could just run up to PA. You are allowed to own 30rd mags in MD you just can't buy or sell them in Md. Let me know.
    Thanks, Lightweights

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    I know that Sandy Garrett does not put LORD before his name . But he was president of the American pistolsmiths guild and has been working on 1911s for 40 + years . I am sure you can work a computer so do your self a favor and do some home work before you just give your pistol to any one . Once metal is removed and butchered it is costley to repair and in some cases it might not be repairable. GOOGLE is your friend..

Tell that to your duplicate account mr lunch master.

To the OP, you need a checkering file and a hacksaw.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I see a uniform in your avatar. If you are military and near Quantico, why not check with the RTE shop at Quantico Marine base. Their armorers have done work for me in the past and are first rate. If they can do it for you, it'll probably only cost you for parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom