• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Cool deal. I think a big issue we need to deal with is desensitization. People for the most part have been conditioned to think that guns are just for bad guys and police officers.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I really need to get a good OC holster. My folks live in Luray. When I visit them I could make it a point to stop by this place. Would have to do it on the way down because always need a drink after visiting my parents and wouldn't carry when drinking.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I really need to get a good OC holster. My folks live in Luray. When I visit them I could make it a point to stop by this place. Would have to do it on the way down because always need a drink after visiting my parents and wouldn't carry when drinking.

Safariland ALS is what I use. Good prices at Opticsplanet. I had to wait 40 days for mine to ship... but paid half of MSRP.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Safariland ALS is what I use. Good prices at Opticsplanet. I had to wait 40 days for mine to ship... but paid half of MSRP.
    This. IMHO, if you are going to OC, a retention holster is a very good idea. You can buy a cheap Serpa, and listen to all the Internet commandos who tell you it's unsafe and don't buy it, or spend money on a great holster like Safariland. They have several different models, and AFAIK all are suede lined to protect your gun's finish. Smores is right Optics Planet usually does not have your holster in stock but their prices are as good as anyone else selling Safariland.

BTW I have both Serpas and Safarilands for all my pistols, so I'm speaking from my personal experience, not from reading forums. Either holster will work, just depends on how much retention and build quality you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom