• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Must be really fun having to uncase, load, and holster up after crossing the border. How do you do this without people seeing you do it? Then to do in reverse, just outside MD's border when getting ready to head back to the "free" state.

Also these other states should be very gentle on us poor folks in "stupid states" and accept our non res FL permits without us having to read lawyerly documents inside and out and become massively confused.

I agree on the no permits should be required crap, have Alaska and Vermont become free for all shooting zones? I didn't think so...

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    Must be really fun having to uncase, load, and holster up after crossing the border. How do you do this without people seeing you do it? Then to do in reverse, just outside MD's border when getting ready to head back to the "free" state.
    I typically lock mine in the truck box, and pull off the first exit I get when crossing state lines. I get a soda out of the cooler and a gun out of the toolbox. Really, once you get past the Potomac or Mason/Dixon, it's the last time you have to fool with acrobatics like that.

Also these other states should be very gentle on us poor folks in "stupid states" and accept our non res FL permits without us having to read lawyerly documents inside and out and become massively confused.
    True.
    VA answered a direct question in 20 minutes, PA has it spelled out on the first page of their State's Attorney site, and TN/KY were very easy to find as well - I was down there two weekends ago weekend. Can't remember how it was with OH . . . been awhile since I ran out there. IIRC, I just followed the link from the FL page and printed it all. AL is still kind of gray area . . . I wish WV would get it together soon - we'd be surrounded, LOL.

I agree on the no permits should be required crap, have Alaska and Vermont become free for all shooting zones? I didn't think so...
    Yup. It's really not about the guns, or creating free-fire sectors, it's about promoting dependence on the nanny state to care for you.

BTW Foxtrapper, ever see a "Samson Fox"? It's a red mutation w/o guard hairs - they look funny, like they're going bald or something. I had two that visited the yard at night - must be from the same litter this past year.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    I have the hides of 2 semi sampsons, one is fully mountable and has a sampson tail and half and half rest of the hide, the other naturally had no tail ( not sure what happened there), but is more fuzzy than the fully mountable skin. When I first got this fox, before skinning, my thoughts were it had puppy fur, but there are guard hairs interspersed. I did not full mount skin it as it was 2 days old shot by some guys I know who do fox drives( now there's something different) and was a bit stinky, it came through the tanning just fine, but how was I to know? Not sure if a semi sampson is even possible, but these 2 look like it! Some weird genetics!

ThatIsAFact

Mar 5, 2007
    Florida only recognizes a permit issued by a reciprocal state to a resident of the issuing state, because of some unfortunate (and probably inadvertent) language in the Florida statute.

Until earlier this year, Virginia non-resident permits were valid in West Virginia (IMO), but the West Virginia legislature enacted a new reciprocity bill that, among other things, required residency in the issuing state. This means that, for the present, there is no way for a Maryland resident to legally carry concealed in West Virginia (unless the Maryland resident is in law enforcement or is covered by the federal Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act). However, open carry is generally legal in West Virginia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom