• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    They aren't going to tinker with this bill..it was written either by or with the blessing of Bloomberg's group and they are calling the shots here. They won't compromise..this is all or nothing

I hope you are right. I don't think the good ole boys in VA will back down and I'm getting sick of all this crap. Let's just get this over with. When the smoke clears there won't be any democrats anymore.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I’m an NRA lifetime member but I’d be happy if they get very little press on this and most of the pushback comes from grassroots organizations like PP, etc. The country needs to see that the people as a whole are bigger, louder, stronger, and more motivated than the NRA. Let’s hope the end result of this is a strong and resolute pushback by the PEOPLE instead of Moms, etc. saying the NRA defeated it.

I agree. I'll not bash the NRA directly. Just say a tank of gas and some time on the line is better spent right now.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    It's not in any court's best interest to uphold the 2A. I don't trust the courts - same side of .gov coin

You either pay money to gov or get paid by gov.
    For me that determines where my trust meter goes.

Military doesn't operate in the US right?
    You see the nj shootout?
    Police were not wearing cammies but they sure looked militarized to me. Might not be one of the branches but that sure enough is militarization as far ad I'm concerned.
    Just called by a different name.
    The same people who set all that up are the same group that your have to place your trust in to keep things legit.

Like I said, if you could count on the courts it would not have come this far.

.gov paycheck sums it up.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    If we could depend on the courts we wouldn't be in this position right now.

There's a whole lot of truth to this IMO.

While I don't dispute possibly legitimate reasoning for legal maneuvering and delay, the time for debate is rapidly passing. The risk now seems to be the hope for and the possibility of successful court processes, but perhaps medicine administered too little too late, and to what is increasingly a rapidly dying patient.

The old adage of "shit or get off the pot" comes to mind. The maneuvers aside, "Shall Not Be Infringed" isn't IMO, this complicated.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Was mentioned Madison versus Marbury allowed courts to strike down unjust laws. I look at it as giving the judiciary more power than they deserve. Hence the rogue judges against Trump. Mark Levin also talks about it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    It's not in any court's best interest to uphold the 2A. I don't trust the courts - same side of .gov coin

It might be in the court’s best interest if they see the alternative involves being hanged for treason when civil war 2.0 comes about.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Was mentioned Madison versus Marbury allowed courts to strike down unjust laws. I look at it as giving the judiciary more power than they deserve. Hence the rogue judges against Trump. Mark Levin also talks about it.

Quick quiz: Who was it that decided Marbury v. Madison, which established that the courts have the authority to say whether the actions of the other two branches of government are legal?

:innocent0

Also, I expect the Virginia Dems to push the most outlandish proposals (which they have done already; maybe more coming) and then backtrack to less egregious ones and say, "see, we compromised, we're reasonable, you 2A supporters are the extremists." It's the old trick. I hope that Virginians do not fall for it and instead push this until we have some definitive resolution.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Quick quiz: Who was it that decided Marbury v. Madison, which established that the courts have the authority to say whether the actions of the other two branches of government are legal?

Also, I expect the Virginia Dems to push the most outlandish proposals (which they have done already; maybe more coming) and then backtrack to less egregious ones and say, "see, we compromised, we're reasonable, you 2A supporters are the extremists." It's the old trick. I hope that Virginians do not fall for it and instead push this until we have some definitive resolution.

I fear this too. I hope the answer is F off, no changes, in fact repeal x,y,z as you have already overstepped. In reality I know the x,y,z part won't be stated but the compromise part should not be tolerated.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    You mean

Former prez Adams being a douchebag for losing to Jefferson and trying to fill courts or CJ Marshall for going against Madison and Jefferson? Was to see COTUS as law but as with many important things- like unions and naacp, etc they lose their way and big business. To me this caused the judges to legislate from the bench. This is why you always hear ....”Bush appointment, Reagan appointment, Obamalamadingdong appointment”. Should not matter

Oh until a Few years ago I did not know dickweed baby Marbury was a Maryland businessman. Embarrassing. :P

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Does the gov have the legal right to use the national guard to enforce state law when Title 32 of the US Code says the national guard can be used in a support role but their is also the,
    The Posse Comitatus Act (PCA) does not apply to the U.S. Coast Guard, or to the National Guard in Title 32 or State Active Duty status. Although the PCA prohibits only the Army and Air Force as from performing domestic law enforcement activities, another statute, 10 USC Section 275, requires the Secretary of Defense to prescribe regulations to prohibit members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps from direct participation in a search, seizure, arrest, or other similar activity unless participation in such activity by such member is otherwise authorized by law. Department of Defense Instruction 3025.21 implements the prohibitions required under the PCA and 10 USC Section 275.
    These laws and regulations generally prohibit U.S. military personnel from direct participation in law enforcement activities. Some of those law enforcement activities would include interdicting vehicles, vessels, and aircraft; conducting surveillance, searches, pursuit and seizures; or making arrests on behalf of civilian law enforcement authorities. Prohibiting direct military involvement in law enforcement is in keeping with long-standing U.S. law and policy limiting the military’s role in domestic affairs., Taken from Wikipedia
    The big question is will members support the dimwit gov or stand with the people?

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Does the gov have the legal right to use the national guard to enforce state law when Title 32 of the US Code says the national guard can be used in a support role but their is also the,
    The Posse Comitatus Act (PCA) does not apply to the U.S. Coast Guard, or to the National Guard in Title 32 or State Active Duty status. Although the PCA prohibits only the Army and Air Force as from performing domestic law enforcement activities, another statute, 10 USC Section 275, requires the Secretary of Defense to prescribe regulations to prohibit members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine Corps from direct participation in a search, seizure, arrest, or other similar activity unless participation in such activity by such member is otherwise authorized by law. Department of Defense Instruction 3025.21 implements the prohibitions required under the PCA and 10 USC Section 275.
    These laws and regulations generally prohibit U.S. military personnel from direct participation in law enforcement activities. Some of those law enforcement activities would include interdicting vehicles, vessels, and aircraft; conducting surveillance, searches, pursuit and seizures; or making arrests on behalf of civilian law enforcement authorities. Prohibiting direct military involvement in law enforcement is in keeping with long-standing U.S. law and policy limiting the military’s role in domestic affairs., Taken from Wikipedia
    The big question is will members support the dimwit gov or stand with the people?

I would imagine at least some would not comply and things could get ugly. I am sure there are others who would just mindlessly obey. Either way Trump could just order them out of the state if he wanted. His instincts are not pro 2A deep inside but I still think he would do something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom