• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I have nothing against open carry, and it wouldn't bother me a bit if people were walking around open carrying safely - even shotguns. But this guy misses the point. Society at large, even in open carry Virginia, isn't ready for employees all over Northern Virginia to arrive at work with an openly EDC shotgun over their shoulder. It isnt Beyond Thunderdome, at least not yet. If the author wants to carry a shotgun in lieu of side arm either openly or concealed have it, but to suggest everyone would be better off abandoning their EDC pistols for shotguns so they can ward off criminals like they are Mel Gibson is a bit too far for me. Suggesting a one size fits all approach may work for the Outback, but there are too many variables for that to be practical in an urban/suburban environment. JMHO.

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    If you are just seeking protection, a shotgun is a much more effective weapon. At 10 feet, it will make a hole big enough to drive a freight train through and at 40 yards, two barrels of buckshot will bring down an entire drug cartel.

I don't even know what to say to this. States that he carried a gun once so I guess that makes him an authority on all things related to guns. But clearly he has never fired a shotgun.

Edit: Is this whole article supposed to be a joke? Is my calendar wrong and its April Fools?

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I don't even know what to say to this. States that he carried a gun once so I guess that makes him an authority on all things related to guns. But clearly he has never fired a shotgun.

Edit: Is this whole article supposed to be a joke? Is my calendar wrong and its April Fools?

My thought as well. I thought it was tongue in cheek humor. Hence my reference to Thunderdome. And even if he were right on the spread, he'd be advocating recklessness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ddsabedra

Latest threads

Top Bottom