Utah/Florida CC - Does this do anything for Maryland?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KenBer

May 16, 2013
    Carroll County
    Just curious: I've seen a bunch for concealed carry classes for Utah and Florida recently... Does this have any kind of reciprocity in MD - or is this just for folks who travel in/through the other states?

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Just curious: I've seen a bunch for concealed carry classes for Utah and Florida recently... Does this have any kind of reciprocity in MD - or is this just for folks who travel in/through the other states?

Nothing for md. For travel outside of md

larr

Apr 1, 2011
    Easternshore
    Its just for the other states that recognize the Utah/Florida CCW permits. This commie state does not recognize any but their own if you are lucky enough to have one.

Wilda

Jan 21, 2013
    Westminster
    The reason I went for my Utah yesterday (props to Genesis Firearms for a great class) is because Pennsylvania and their bloodsucking Attorney General have stopped accepting the Florida and Virginia non-resident permits. So far, they are still acknowledging Utah, I think partially because there is no written formal reciprocity agreement with Utah.

The Virginia one surprised me when I realized I had been committing a felony by accident by carrying in my vehicle in PA. When you can commit a FELONY and not know about it, there's probably something wrong with the law...

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    The reason I went for my Utah yesterday (props to Genesis Firearms for a great class) is because Pennsylvania and their bloodsucking Attorney General have stopped accepting the Florida and Virginia non-resident permits. So far, they are still acknowledging Utah, I think partially because there is no written formal reciprocity agreement with Utah.

The Virginia one surprised me when I realized I had been committing a felony by accident by carrying in my vehicle in PA. When you can commit a FELONY and not know about it, there's probably something wrong with the law...

Negatory. Its YOUR responsibility to check the laws when transporting firearms to another states. You telling the judge and jury for not knowing the law will not give you free out of jail card.

Just my 2cents.

obnoxious2

Jan 18, 2013
    district 21 - hunger games
    Negatory. Its YOUR responsibility to check the laws when transporting firearms to another states. You telling the judge and jury for not knowing the law will not give you free out of jail card.

Just my 2cents.

You do realize a national study found that the average citizen breaks atleast 3 laws per day. I'll have to find that article again but even if it is YOUR responsibility, it is also a sign of the sad fluster cluck that has become of this country.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    You do realize a national study found that the average citizen breaks atleast 3 laws per day. I'll have to find that article again but even if it is YOUR responsibility, it is also a sign of the sad fluster cluck that has become of this country.

maybe so.. but admitting to it in a forum? :innocent0:lol2:

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County

Out of state carry permits are not accepted in the state. Even if someone from Florida comes into the state, they can't conceal carry. The Utah and Florida permits for MD residents allow us to carry outside of the state.

MDGolom

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2010
    Baltimore County

Just my 2cents.

This. How many times have we heard about people stopping for gas in Maryland while wearing their handgun and getting arrested. When I travel, I make sure I know the laws of the state(s) I'll be traveling to and through.

balext

Jan 15, 2011
    Kensington MD
    As others have said the out of state permits are used for while you are outside Maryland.
    Maryland may not want you to be able to defend yourself but many other states think you should be able to. You should take advantage of your ability to defend yourself whenever possible, so getting the Utah, Florida or Arizona permits helps you do this. Be prepared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom