• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Hey guys I was flipping through the dial when I came across a site fighting for the same cause, when this caught my attention. This is from the forums on their site.What do you think? This was taken from.....
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...-You-Must-Already-Have-A-Permit-In-Your-State

Utah To Restrict Carry Permits. You Must Already Have A Permit In Your State

I just got off the phone with a Utah Bureau Of Criminal Investigations Investigator (BCI). He confirmed that there is a bill in the Legislature, and it is likely to pass, that would require that anyone who applies for a Utah Concealed Carry Permit would have to have a permit in the State in which they reside. This was the result of States threatening to pull their reciprocity with Utah due to folks getting a Utah permit and not getting one from their home State.

The investigator I spoke with said he believed this would pass the legislature. He told me that BCI was lobbying to have things left as they were but he doubted that would happen.

I asked him if there would be a “grandfather” clause put in for people who already had their paperwork put in the system and he said “probably”, otherwise it would create a huge problem to refund folks their money and start all over again.

Their session ends on Feb. 28.

I expressed my views and those of other instructors to him (that we keep the system the way it is). He agreed, but didn’t think that was going to happen.

I teach the Utah Course every Sat. at Tyson's Corner, VA and charge $80. If anyone is interested, please go to:

www.utahconcealedcarryclass.com

P.S. Also I am not a member of this site nor am I trying to promote them. Just found this interesting thought some others here might want to see this.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    That was covered on an earlier thread. This is in regards to reciprocity. If Utah has a reciprocity agreement with your state of residence, you must also have a CCW from there for the Utah to be valid elsewhere. This is to keep people from just getting a Utah CCW and screwing their state of residence out of funds. Since MD does not have an agreement, we are good to go.

Ergo, if someone lives in VA or PA and they have a Utah permit, they must now also have a permit from their home state as well.

Ruzo

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2011
    Phoenix, MD.
    Oopsies sorry guys I'm new here, and just trying to help. If the admin could delete this I would appreciate it. I couldn't find a command to take care of it myself...thanx

Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster
    Hey guys, I'm glad you didn't delete this yet. I just joined the site and this is one of the reason I was looking around the site.
    Any info people can search and find is helpful. You guys broke it down quick in term understood easy.

ProShooter

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2008
    Richmond, Va
    Hey guys, I'm glad you didn't delete this yet. I just joined the site and this is one of the reason I was looking around the site.
    Any info people can search and find is helpful. You guys broke it down quick in term understood easy.

If you have any questions about the Utah permit, please feel free to pm me and I'll be happy to assist you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom