• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thequietman

- - - - -
    Nov 26, 2011
    Harford County
    I made my first entry in my bound book today. :D Its a CZ82, but I don't yet have a single round of 9x18mm and it seems like everywhere is out of stock.

It was shipped to me USPS, "Adult Signature Required" and insured. That seemed pretty good. I was out of town on Sat with the family, and when I pulled into the drive this afternoon, the package was on my front porch. Not in the door or at the back door, just sitting on the front step. Based on the tracking info from USPS, it had been there 26 hrs. I'm glad I'm in a nice neighborhood. The tracking info on USPS claims a "L SCHNPF" signed for it. Not that that's a name, but its also not even close to any of my neighbor's names.

Has this happened to anyone else? Should I call the USPS and chat with a manager? I'm just glad my first C&R didn't have to be reported to the ATF as stolen.

Attachments

• DSCN0352.jpg
      DSCN0352.jpg
      20.7 KB · Views: 465

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Got an SKS yesterday....I was home all day, but when I went out to get something from the car, I nearly tripped over the box laying next to the front door. Felt pretty sketchy about it...same as you...but the mailman showed up about 30 mins later and was terribly apologetic for forgetting to get the required signature. Made me feel a little better...

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    When I was in Lebanon, PA I stopped by Shydas Oudoor sports.
    They had 9mm Mak in stock there. It's a 2hr drive from me South of Baltimore but it was 1/2 mile from the flea market I was selling stuff on Sat.

They had 100 round 9mm Luger and I got a bag of it for $29.99 and shot it at a range that day.

Where did you get the Cz82 from?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I'd speak to the mailman about it. He may have thought he was doing you a favor. If you get grief, go to management.

I'm of two minds about the signature requirement; there's almost always someone around at home. Also, I keep a bunch of empty boxes and assorted junk on my porch; I like to have the place look a little scuzzy, so no one would think there's anything of value inside.

While a few of my neighbors may feel it's keeping the property values down, I prefer to see it as keeping the tax rate down.

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Looks nice! They're getting hard to find.

A week ago I bought some mail-order 9x18 at LG Outdoors in Alabama for $14/box. Shipping was a bit high so I bought some other stuff to defray the cost. Arrived (no signature required) in a few days.

For UPS firearm shipments, I set up an account that alerts me and tracks shipments. I can have UPS hold the shipment at the UPS hub located near by, and pick it up on the way home from work. This way I don't have to worry about missing the truck, items left outside, or having my wife keep track of how much stuff I bought. For a $5 fee UPS will deliver the shipment to a UPS Store, which may be more convenient for you.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    It's happened to me. Never with UPS or FedEx, it's always been with USPS. I ask my sellers not to use them for that reason. Remember there are regular USPS employees/mail carriers and there's part-timers as I was explained by my carrier.

Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    Im really hoping there aren't a ton of stories like this out there, its not good appeal for us. In actuality it could hurt us with all the Anti2a crap going down. Definitely speak to the postman.

thequietman

- - - - -
    Nov 26, 2011
    Harford County
    I'll keep an eye out and try to catch my mail carrier and talk to them instead of calling their boss. It just may be had since I'm not home at the normal time. I have no problem with them leaving the package with the neighbor, just not on the front porch.

Where did you get the Cz82 from?

I had been looking while waiting for my C&R to come in the mail. By the time it did, all the normal distributors appeared to be out. My last resort was to check Gun Broker. I found one with two mags for about what I had seen elsewhere for gun w/ 1 mag + a 2nd mag. I went ahead and ordered it.

It's not a rough as some examples I have seen online, but definetly has some finish wear. I am planning to strip it, then refinish it. I just haven't decided if I want to try bluing (probably cold) or parkerizing.

mmcclo1

Feb 27, 2010
    Cecil County
    I can be home all day, leave for 5 minutes, come back and I have a "1st attempt made" sticker on my door with all of my C&R purchases; never fails.:mad54:

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    For UPS firearm shipments, I set up an account that alerts me and tracks shipments. I can have UPS hold the shipment at the UPS hub located near by, and pick it up on the way home from work. This way I don't have to worry about missing the truck, items left outside, or having my wife keep track of how much stuff I bought. For a $5 fee UPS will deliver the shipment to a UPS Store, which may be more convenient for you.

Can you tell us how to do this? This would simplify some deliveries for me vs. having to be home.
    Thx

M1842

Jul 27, 2009
    I had some ammo signed for by F.Ront Porch. It was shipped by UPS with adult sig required.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    ive had ammo left before by USPS and once by UPS, dont recall if i ever had a gun left though.

even more annoying to me though, normally i get most guns UPS and fedex, but a few came USPS lately, and several times now even though i was home, or someone else was home, the mail carrier simply filled out a missed delivery card, with no notice for redelivery and put it in the mail box, rather than get out of the truck and come to the door, so each time i had to get it from the post office.

do your damn job, or let someone else do it, there are many people who would be thrilled to replace you and actually do the job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom