• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yeti Poacher

Dec 11, 2012
    Hunt Valley
    This DC man is to be fined $1,000 for possessing an unregistered firearm. I am glad the DA did not pursue criminal charges but is it fair to fine him?

http://tinyurl.com/lolytlb

In my opinion he made the right decision. What would you have done? Apparently the police have seized his guns and ammo until he registers them.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    It may not be fair to charge him but they could have been much harder on him. If that was my child that he saved, I would be more than happy to pay his fine.

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    High Capacity Pitbull owner should have to pay the 1k fine.

Legally Purchased in VA, just not legally registered in DC or something like that.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    This DC man is to be fined $1,000 for possessing an unregistered firearm. I am glad the DA did not pursue criminal charges but is it fair to fine him?

http://tinyurl.com/lolytlb

In my opinion he made the right decision. What would you have done? Apparently the police have seized his guns and ammo until he registers them.

They won't charge him because they are concerned about a potential appeal unraveling the registry, rendering it toothless. just my opinion.

Now about those gun ownership stats in DC...

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    It may not be fair to charge him but they could have been much harder on him. If that was my child that he saved, I would be more than happy to pay his fine.

Couldn't agree more! Also, I'd contact every news outlet I could to explain the details. I'd be sure to explain how many of our leaders would prefer the dog eat my son while I wait for 911 to respond. Not 100% CCW related but I'd use the story to support CCW...if it could just save ONE LIFE!

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia

Was thinking the same thing. If I were in a position to help that kid, I would...law be damned. When the law gets in the way of making the right choice, the law needs to go.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Couldn't agree more! Also, I'd contact every news outlet I could to explain the details. I'd be sure to explain how many of our leaders would prefer the dog eat my son while I wait for 911 to respond. Not 100% CCW related but I'd use the story to support CCW...if it could just save ONE LIFE!

This!!!

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    How DARE he try to help another person. He should have called 911, waited an hour to talk to someone, then wait 45 minutes for the amber lamps to show up and declare the kid dead, and he would be $1000 richer and wouldn't have to go through all the BS of being chastised for helping.

Yeti Poacher

Dec 11, 2012
    Hunt Valley
    Was thinking the same thing. If I were in a position to help that kid, I would...law be damned. When the law gets in the way of making the right choice, the law needs to go.

My thoughts exactly. I wonder how many times a gun owner in a position to help with their firearm didn't for fear of legal repercussions.

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    Glad they didn't do worse but they probably are afraid of repercussions. I seriously doubt they did it because it was the right thing. They kind of had to do something though, so they don't appear easy on guns. I'm not saying that i agree with the fine at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom