• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kalister1

R.I.P.
    May 16, 2008
    Pasadena Maryland
    This post will be offensive to many people, fair warning!

When I worked at Westinghouse we had an area that was referred to as the Animal House. In the men's room outside that area men would pick their nose and wipe it on the wall in front of the urinal. Comments were written about each display. Some men are children their entire life, growing up is NOT mandatory.

bhtr

Feb 1, 2013
    Calvert County,
    I have never not owned a dog. I have owned or fostered between 1 and 12 dogs at all times for several decades. I get that they don't/can't pick their noses. But this thread got me thinking. Dogs don't have boogers!? Do other animals have boogers?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I am thinking that the OP is a recovering nose picker , and the pic brings back urges he finds irresistible . Just like ex-smokers being around current smokers .

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    I'm probably out of line here for trying to answer the OP question. I use ad-block software on all my browsers. Ad-block software allows the blocking of elements besides just blocking ads, such as images. If there's an image I find objectionable, I just right-click on the image, and select 'block element' with my ad-block software. That's it, I'll never see that element (in this case, that image) again. This works great for me.

Just sharing, I hope I wasn't too out of line.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Please someone good with computers, change the op's wallpaper to this....
    Screen Shot 2017-12-16 at 22.58.37.jpg

Jul 1, 2012
    ^^^^^^

I'm probably out of line here for trying to answer the OP question. I use ad-block software on all my browsers. Ad-block software allows the blocking of elements besides just blocking ads, such as images. If there's an image I find objectionable, I just right-click on the image, and select 'block element' with my ad-block software. That's it, I'll never see that element (in this case, that image) again. This works great for me.

Just sharing, I hope I wasn't too out of line.

Hey, that worked great!
    no more David Hasselhoff growing out of his own crotch....

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    FWIW- Had you left a few sentences and words out of the post, you probably would have received valuable responses vs. the snarky ones. I deleted a few words and it sounds like a legitimate request now...

"So, this is more a question of how to shutoff part of what pops up when I first logon.

The user ToBeFree uses a picture of him picking his nose. I am finding it annoying to see his nose picking face every time I'm initially on the site.

Is there a way to block that?

Thanks."

This x1000!
    The main lesson the OP should be taking away from this is an important detail about how this place works (and not about turning off pictures). If you show something that could be construed as a sign of weakness (like a loved one passing, an apology, or not understanding something) and approach it with sincerity and peace, you'll get a dogpile of prayers and all the virtual hugs you could ever need. :thumbsup: If you include even a hint of 'tude in your post...forget about it:lol2::kicknuts:

Personally, I don't think I ever even see the gallery preview anymore. On my tablet, I keep a tab opened to "new posts." I checked the box to stay signed in on my computer. When I reopen the browser, I only see the top half of the "Recent Threads" before I click "new posts." Maybe a subtle change in the OP's technique would have solved the problem. :shrug:

Also...Did the OP just assume Rosie O'donnel's gender :shocked:

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Wow

I had no idea I could influence so many in such a short time. Reading this has my mind wanting to respond in four or five different ways. :thumbsup:
    To the Op: surely there must be other things on this forum that are more objectionable than the picture of Rosie O'Donnell picking her nose. This was not intended to upset anyone in anyway but posted as an example of one who was 'destroyed' by President Trump.
    Now having gotten the disclaimer out of the way:
    Perhaps the moderators can 'fix' the forum for you. I suggest you make a list, similar to post 13 from Captnstabn, and see if they can block all future posts related to those items. This is in no way a personal attack on you but a helpful suggestion.

I had no idea I could influence so many in such a short time. Reading this has my mind wanting to respond in four or five different ways. :thumbsup:
    To the Op: surely there must be other things on this forum that are more objectionable than the picture of Rosie O'Donnell picking her nose. This was not intended to upset anyone in anyway but posted as an example of one who was 'destroyed' by President Trump.
    Now having gotten the disclaimer out of the way:
    Perhaps the moderators can 'fix' the forum for you. I suggest you make a list, similar to post 13 from Captnstabn, and see if they can block all future posts related to those items. This is in no way a personal attack on you but a helpful suggestion.

So many MDS'ers are gonna wake up to this post and cheer out loud. We were wondering when "The Offender In Chief" was going to chime in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom