• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    So Bob A posted some useful feedback and you can’t help but coming in here and pissing in his Cheerios to prove yet again you are a contrarian?

You are entitled to you opinions, but as you say the debate has been exhausted. Bob A likely came here to escape your nagging.

If you are caught up with your tax returns, and can’t shoot clays at AGC, perhaps your time would be better spent figuring out the answer to your wife’s next question. You might have a chance of convincing her. Here you are just beating the dead horse yourself. FFS let it go.

Talk about unkindly, that last paragraph is entirely condescending and unkindly. Also, try not to imply that my wife is anything short of stunning. It is unbecoming of you and how polite I hear you happen to be. Convincing her that she looks great in her jeans isn't that hard for me to accomplish.

As far as this OP being useful, we will have to agree to disagree on that.

If Bob A really wanted to avoid my opinion, he could have posted his PP praise in Chad's forum. I am pretty sure Chad would cut out any nagging in his forum like a hot ax through butter.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I am sure she did. However, she is your rep so you should be able to get an audience with her at some point. Schedule that appointment, wear the PP shirt, and then ask her thoughts on PP. I'm just interested in hearing what her response would be.

Sir, you already know her thoughts. She posted them to Facebook for all to see on House Gun Bill day along with a picture of the hearing room full of WWNC shirts. You likely commented on them ad nauseam, since nothing like that would escape your eyesight.

You, sir, are not providing anything constructive to this thread. I will not make a gross generalization about your contributions in other areas here, but the lack of value you're adding here is obvious to anyone who is able to read. And I'll add this additional thought:

:deadhorse: :outta her

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    A few points:
    • For that specific question, the "Yes" number should have been ~36, based on the 24.8% response, not the 3 shown. Fat finger or fudges number? I do not know.
    • Adding that number to the 36 "Maybes", you get almost the same percentage as the "Nos." Not a bad showing overall, IMO.
    • The survey as a whole over-represents AA, BaltCo, Carroll, Harford, and Montgomery counties based on the number of responses. Significantly, PG had only TWO people responding.
    Those from just a cursory eyeball of the results. I'm certain additional insights could be gained from sharper minds than mine actually analyzing the results.

148 responses isn't even close to be statistically significant.

However, the number of responses from each county are not weighted according to the population/representation in each county. Remember, MoCo and PG County have the vast majority of residents in the state, so they should be polled extensively. The opinion in those two counties means a heck of a lot more than the opinions in Garrett, Wicomico, etc.

1 Montgomery County 1,039,198
    2 Prince George's County 905,161
    3 Baltimore County 828,637
    4 Anne Arundel County 564,600
    5 Howard County 312,495
    6 Harford County 250,132
    7 Frederick County 246,105
    8 Carroll County 167,319
    9 Charles County 156,021
    10 Washington County 149,546
    11 St. Mary's County 110,979
    12 Cecil County 102,416
    13 Wicomico County 102,014
    14 Calvert County 90,824
    15 Allegany County 72,591
    16 Worcester County 51,559
    17 Queen Anne's County 49,071
    18 Talbot County 37,461
    19 Caroline County 32,785
    20 Dorchester County 32,386
    21 Garrett County 29,516
    22 Somerset County 25,801
    23 Kent County 19,666

You can take the population of counties 9 through 23, add them together, and they are barely more than Montgomery County. MoCo, PG, and Baltimore County are the only counties that really matter since both sides of the Maryland General Assembly are based upon population. We got screwed in the 60's.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I come to the Md2A forum to find out what is going on with these bills, not to read about how "great" PP is doing in the fight. Chad just created a section for PP posts in his IP forum, yet this one is started in Md2A once again. I know, don't click on it. I know, I know, I know. However, I saw the OP was Bob A, whom I respect immensely, so I said "what the hell". Posted a response and turned off instant e-mail notifications, but they keep on coming and coming. I am living in a nightmare and need to join MDS-anonymous. Might have to just mark MDS mail as spam for the time being.

Ok, just realized why I clicked on the thread. The title is:

"Useful information from our MD Senators."

Heck, I would love to read about useful information from our MD Senators.
    Instead, it turned out to be "Conservative politicians think the PP is doing a great job"

I've been writing plenty. Like I already said, my own reps are letting me down this year, with the exception of Kittleman. Last year, I never thought that would be the case. Then, there was an election. Miller, Kittleman, and Bates always wrote me back in prior years. Miller was always a canned response stating that he supported the 2nd Amendment, but crickets from him this entire session. Both Kittleman and Bates would send me personal responses stating that they support the 2nd Amendment. Granted, I had met and spoken to both Kittleman and Bates in the community. Have yet to run into Miller though. Katie Fry Hester ran on a platform of "common sense" gun control, so I doubt I'll be getting a response from her. She beat Bates in last year's election.

Thing is, I don't come on here and post copies of every e-mail/letter I send, then say how great a job I am doing with my writing and phone calls (i.e., self congratulating myself), and how much I am having an effect in this fight (i.e., self congratulating myself once more).

Why does Md2A have to be the PP forum still? Have Norton or somebody else move this to Chad's forum and let Chad edit away.

Last but not least, we don't need to appeal to the people that already have their CCW permits, those that willingly open carry long guns, those that are extremely conservative, those that are steadfast supporters of the 2nd Amendment, etc. They are already on our side and we already have their vote. High fives and back slaps from them are meaningless. We need to appeal to Fudds, fence sitters, and people just leaning a little to the left. When we are receiving congrats and compliments from the Fudds, fence sitters, and people just leaning a little to the left, then we are winning. Not even sure whether the local news covering WWNC is a plus or a minus. Just because one makes the news, is not necessarily a good thing. Lots of bad news out there. Is the local news media running this stuff because it agrees with us, or for shock value for its base of viewers?

Last night I had three possibly viewpoint changing conversations:
    • I had a discussion about why we were wearing our shirts with what I found out was a group of Baltimore County Young Democrats, down for a tour. They thought we were a union group.
    • I had a chat with a group of high school state medalists, down for recognition in th Senate. Rack subsequently chatted them up further.
    • I had one of the Aides (Grey jackets) ask me what we were. I asked her if she knew about the anti-gun groups, and she said yes. I then told her we were the pro-gun, civil rights supporting group. She understood, and told several of her fellow aides.
    These were by no means isolated events; I saw conversations with PP shirts taking place all over.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I come to the Md2A forum to find out what is going on with these bills, not to read about how "great" PP is doing in the fight. Chad just created a section for PP posts in his IP forum, yet this one is started in Md2A once again. I know, don't click on it. I know, I know, I know. However, I saw the OP was Bob A, whom I respect immensely, so I said "what the hell". Posted a response and turned off instant e-mail notifications, but they keep on coming and coming. I am living in a nightmare and need to join MDS-anonymous. Might have to just mark MDS mail as spam for the time being.

Ok, just realized why I clicked on the thread. The title is:

"Useful information from our MD Senators."

Heck, I would love to read about useful information from our MD Senators.

Instead, it turned out to be "Conservative politicians think the PP is doing a great job"

I've been writing plenty. Like I already said, my own reps are letting me down this year, with the exception of Kittleman. Last year, I never thought that would be the case. Then, there was an election. Miller, Kittleman, and Bates always wrote me back in prior years. Miller was always a canned response stating that he supported the 2nd Amendment, but crickets from him this entire session. Both Kittleman and Bates would send me personal responses stating that they support the 2nd Amendment. Granted, I had met and spoken to both Kittleman and Bates in the community. Have yet to run into Miller though. Katie Fry Hester ran on a platform of "common sense" gun control, so I doubt I'll be getting a response from her. She beat Bates in last year's election.

Thing is, I don't come on here and post copies of every e-mail/letter I send, then say how great a job I am doing with my writing and phone calls (i.e., self congratulating myself), and how much I am having an effect in this fight (i.e., self congratulating myself once more).

Why does Md2A have to be the PP forum still? Have Norton or somebody else move this to Chad's forum and let Chad edit away.

Last but not least, we don't need to appeal to the people that already have their CCW permits, those that willingly open carry long guns, those that are extremely conservative, those that are steadfast supporters of the 2nd Amendment, etc. They are already on our side and we already have their vote. High fives and back slaps from them are meaningless. We need to appeal to Fudds, fence sitters, and people just leaning a little to the left. When we are receiving congrats and compliments from the Fudds, fence sitters, and people just leaning a little to the left, then we are winning. Not even sure whether the local news covering WWNC is a plus or a minus. Just because one makes the news, is not necessarily a good thing. Lots of bad news out there. Is the local news media running this stuff because it agrees with us, or for shock value for its base of viewers?

This thread has some useful information in it but the fact that someone mentioned the PP or you see a WWNC shirt in it seems to trigger you.
    Everyone knows you don’t like the PP, we all get it. You do nothing but criticize them in almost every post you make. I don’t agree with everything they do, but they have more energy and put a great deal of effort into their fight so I fully support them, just like MSI, SAF, and the NRA. You tell us repeatedly about how many tax returns you have to do, how little time you have to shoot, how much car repair you do.
    Nobody cares. This stuff just gets old. You can’t seem to stay away from any thread that mentions the PP without a derogatory comment. You must just like the attention I guess, I have no idea.
    You’re just being ridiculous. Stop. Please stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    148 responses isn't even close to be statistically significant.

However, the number of responses from each county are not weighted according to the population/representation in each county. Remember, MoCo and PG County have the vast majority of residents in the state, so they should be polled extensively. The opinion in those two counties means a heck of a lot more than the opinions in Garrett, Wicomico, etc.

1 Montgomery County 1,039,198
    2 Prince George's County 905,161
    3 Baltimore County 828,637
    4 Anne Arundel County 564,600
    5 Howard County 312,495
    6 Harford County 250,132
    7 Frederick County 246,105
    8 Carroll County 167,319
    9 Charles County 156,021
    10 Washington County 149,546
    11 St. Mary's County 110,979
    12 Cecil County 102,416
    13 Wicomico County 102,014
    14 Calvert County 90,824
    15 Allegany County 72,591
    16 Worcester County 51,559
    17 Queen Anne's County 49,071
    18 Talbot County 37,461
    19 Caroline County 32,785
    20 Dorchester County 32,386
    21 Garrett County 29,516
    22 Somerset County 25,801
    23 Kent County 19,666

You can take the population of counties 9 through 23, add them together, and they are barely more than Montgomery County. MoCo, PG, and Baltimore County are the only counties that really matter since both sides of the Maryland General Assembly are based upon population. We got screwed in the 60's.

So what? So it's a screwed up poll. I mean, really - who cares? Except you.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Sir, you already know her thoughts. She posted them to Facebook for all to see on House Gun Bill day along with a picture of the hearing room full of WWNC shirts. You likely commented on them ad nauseam, since nothing like that would escape your eyesight.

You, sir, are not providing anything constructive to this thread. I will not make a gross generalization about your contributions in other areas here, but the lack of value you're adding here is obvious to anyone who is able to read. And I'll add this additional thought:

:deadhorse: :outta her

Sum up the OP for me so I can understand the value that it added. My take away was:

When asked by a member of the conservative Patriot Picket, conservative legislators in the Maryland General Assembly think that the conservative Patriot Picket is doing a great job.

Did I miss something?

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    This thread has some useful information in it but the fact that someone mentioned the PP or you see a WWNC shirt in it seems to trigger you.
    Everyone knows you don’t like the PP, we all get it. You do nothing but criticize them in almost every post you make. I don’t agree with everything they do, but they have more energy and put a great deal of effort into their fight so I fully support them, just like MSI, SAF, and the NRA. You tell us repeatedly about how many tax returns you have to do, how little time you have to shoot, how much car repair you do.
    Nobody cares. This stuff just gets old. You can’t seem to stay away from any thread that mentions the PP without a derogatory comment. You must just like the attention I guess, I have no idea.
    You’re just being ridiculous. Stop. Please stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is the other useful information that I can take and use from the OP?

Edit:

Noted the "second" part regarding hand written notes versus e-mails or typed up notes. Faxes being better than e-mail, etc. I really wonder how true that is and how many legislators feel that way. Heck, to be sure send it via e-mail, fax, USPS, call them and read it to them, and then visit and talk to them about it. I think any way one contacts a rep, it is useful. I wonder if they are really reading stuff and looking for new angles on this, or if they are just taking down names of constituents and what the position of the constituent is. At this point in the session, after hours of testimony on these bills, especially from the heavy hitters, is it about actual persuasive arguments or more about what their constituents want so they can get re-elected?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    What is the other useful information that I can take and use from the OP?

h0kWz0ml.jpg

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    A few points:
    • For that specific question, the "Yes" number should have been ~36, based on the 24.8% response, not the 3 shown. Fat finger or fudges number? I do not know.
    • Adding that number to the 36 "Maybes", you get almost the same percentage as the "Nos." Not a bad showing overall, IMO.
    • The survey as a whole over-represents AA, BaltCo, Carroll, Harford, and Montgomery counties based on the number of responses. Significantly, PG had only TWO people responding.
    Those from just a cursory eyeball of the results. I'm certain additional insights could be gained from sharper minds than mine actually analyzing the results.

You are making excuses. It should not have even been close.

The response should have been unquestionable, at least 75% yes. I am being generous, 100% is the goal. 75% is a C where I'm from, its s only a passing grade if you went to public school.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Sum up the OP for me so I can understand the value that it added. My take away was:

When asked by a member of the conservative Patriot Picket, conservative legislators in the Maryland General Assembly think that the conservative Patriot Picket is doing a great job.

Did I miss something?
    I also read that the Republican legislators also appreciated the moral support and reminder that 2A protections remain important to their constituents. Maybe it's just platitudes, but there's probably some element of truth in the statement.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Talk about unkindly, that last paragraph is entirely condescending and unkindly. Also, try not to imply that my wife is anything short of stunning. It is unbecoming of you and how polite I hear you happen to be. Convincing her that she looks great in her jeans isn't that hard for me to accomplish.

As far as this OP being useful, we will have to agree to disagree on that.

If Bob A really wanted to avoid my opinion, he could have posted his PP praise in Chad's forum. I am pretty sure Chad would cut out any nagging in his forum like a hot ax through butter.

To be clear I never met you or your wife, and did not disparage her in any way. I trust she is an absolute Goddess. But that’s not the point, you brought her into the argument stating:

“I only asked if you were wearing a WWNC shirt. Walking up to a conservative legislator while wearing an obvious PP shirt and asking how the PP is perceived is akin to my wife asking me how she looks in her new jeans.”

No offense was ever intended toward your wife. But that doesn’t change the fact you may need help. We are done.

At some point perhaps we can meet in person and enjoy an afternoon at the range.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom